HVAC Industry?

More
01 Apr 2015 11:07 - 01 Apr 2015 11:14 #2375 by AJ WH Ranger
HVAC Industry? was created by AJ WH Ranger
Just curious is anyone in the HVAC industry? Maybe for a hospital, museum, university or anything like that?

Mostly interested in the Humidification side of it.

As my knowledge is continuing to grow with wheel horse tractors, this is one subject I am considered an expert in. And would love to help any of my wheel horse friends with any of their questions about Humidification or their humidifiers.. You could say it is my cup of tea. :cof3 :yes

Because as you know we come from all different walks of life, and I was just thinking about that and was thought to myself "Self, why don't you see if any of your wheel horse friends work on or engineer Humidification systems" . So that is what I have done.

I would be more than willing to answer any questions you have about humidification., I love that stuff!! :yay

AJ
Bassin' and Horsin' around!

66 Lawn Ranger
68 Lawn Ranger
72 Charger 10 auto
74 C-100 8-Speed
81 C-101 Blackhood
Last edit: 01 Apr 2015 11:14 by AJ WH Ranger.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
01 Apr 2015 11:32 #2376 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic HVAC Industry?
We love it too, keeps us warm. We run wood stoves so we use a big console humidifier. I've often thought there must be a way to put something on the wood stove to make it an all in 1 package. :confused1

Welcome to the Stables!

More
01 Apr 2015 11:45 #2377 by AJ WH Ranger
Replied by AJ WH Ranger on topic HVAC Industry?
Absolutely..

However Im not that familiar with wood stoves. How does it modulate the heat? Or does it all?

AJ

66 Lawn Ranger
68 Lawn Ranger
72 Charger 10 auto
74 C-100 8-Speed
81 C-101 Blackhood

• Geno
    Super Users
More
01 Apr 2015 12:22 #2380 by Geno
Heat is controlled by the amount of air allowed into the fire box. Mine have 2-600 CFM squirrel cage fans on the rear that are controlled by a temperature switch that turns them on at 100 and off at 85 deg.

Welcome to the Stables!

More
01 Apr 2015 20:53 #2406 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic HVAC Industry?

Geno wrote: We love it too, keeps us warm. We run wood stoves so we use a big console humidifier. I've often thought there must be a way to put something on the wood stove to make it an all in 1 package. :confused1

Back when we had a wood burning stove we put a big pot of water on it.....and it did help.... :2cents

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

More
02 Apr 2015 02:58 #2417 by Trouty56
Replied by Trouty56 on topic HVAC Industry?
We use a propane furnace and our house gets pretty dry......in the heating season.....

Bob T
Adams County Pennsyltucky

"One, that's easy to remember. It's the first number in the alphabet...." - Barney Fife

More
02 Apr 2015 04:46 #2418 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic HVAC Industry?
Tried the pot on the stove method but it didn't bring the levels up enough. So for the last several years I have used the Lasko 9 gallon. Like to keep humidity around 40%.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
Attachments:

More
02 Apr 2015 04:58 #2420 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic HVAC Industry?

GT 14 wrote: Tried the pot on the stove method but it didn't bring the levels up enough. So for the last several years I have used the Lasko 9 gallon. Like to keep humidity around 40%.

That's nice...looks like it would do a good job.....we had one wood stove and two fireplace inserts and pots of water on all of them but I have no idea what the levels were.

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

• Geno
    Super Users
More
02 Apr 2015 07:59 - 02 Apr 2015 08:01 #2434 by Geno
We use one now that holds a little over 5 gallons and puts out 14 gallons per day. We can keep humidity wherever we want it. It would just be nice to not have to fill it all the time, although Sandra has filling duty during the winter. :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Apr 2015 08:01 by Geno.

More
02 Apr 2015 08:04 #2437 by AJ WH Ranger
Replied by AJ WH Ranger on topic HVAC Industry?

GT 14 wrote: Tried the pot on the stove method but it didn't bring the levels up enough. So for the last several years I have used the Lasko 9 gallon. Like to keep humidity around 40%.

Those work very well if you can't get something in the duct. And 40% is just about the sweet spot. I personally like the RH right around 40% as well. But my old house will not maintain 40% in the winter. I have old single pane windows and it just condenses on them. So I have to live with about 30%.

Also with a higher RH you can usually get away with decreasing your thermostat temperature saving you money on your heating bill or in Geno's case wood. :)

AJ

66 Lawn Ranger
68 Lawn Ranger
72 Charger 10 auto
74 C-100 8-Speed
81 C-101 Blackhood

Time to create page: 0.370 seconds