• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
14 Oct 2020 09:42 #16424 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?
I took a small breather and been playing hooky a little to get some things fixed on the CTS.

The original rear panel was looking rough, like headlights do after time so I found a panel on ebay off of a newer one that was painted. The 3rd brake light was out like most all of them are, the rear panels get to leaking and the neon transformer doesn't like it. The new light is 800.00 from Cadillac and 330.00 aftermarket so I came up with a $5 fix, it got all taken apart (that was fun), an LED strip put in it then sealed back up. I painted the rear panel to match the car last Sat then put it all back together Monday along with LED's in every light fixture. It's looking really good now. :thumb1

The next step is finishing up the new radio and NAV system today I hope, this is a very complicated job the way it's being done, I'll put up some pics later.

Welcome to the Stables!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 Oct 2020 11:19 #16425 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic What's everybody doing?

Geno wrote: I took a small breather and been playing hooky a little to get some things fixed on the CTS.

The original rear panel was looking rough, like headlights do after time so I found a panel on ebay off of a newer one that was painted. The 3rd brake light was out like most all of them are, the rear panels get to leaking and the neon transformer doesn't like it. The new light is 800.00 from Cadillac and 330.00 aftermarket so I came up with a $5 fix, it got all taken apart (that was fun), an LED strip put in it then sealed back up. I painted the rear panel to match the car last Sat then put it all back together Monday along with LED's in every light fixture. It's looking really good now. :thumb1

The next step is finishing up the new radio and NAV system today I hope, this is a very complicated job the way it's being done, I'll put up some pics later.

Looks great..is that yours?

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
15 Oct 2020 08:18 #16426 by Geno
Yea, I've had it for 7 or 8 years. I just need to do better at making time to keep it in shape. I really need to not work so much and do better at taking care of vehicles, the property, mowing grass, and a lot of other things, I'm working on it lol. :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

More
16 Oct 2020 09:18 #16427 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic What's everybody doing?

Geno wrote: Yea, I've had it for 7 or 8 years. I just need to do better at making time to keep it in shape. I really need to not work so much and do better at taking care of vehicles, the property, mowing grass, and a lot of other things, I'm working on it lol. :tounge2

Yup I live in the projects too. :hi5

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno, nappypappy

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
16 Oct 2020 17:36 #16428 by Geno
Focus GT focus. :rolling3

The CTS play time is over for now and going to try to get back to cleaning and organizing tomorrow. :tounge2

I haven't done anything like this since the old car audio days over 25 years ago... I wanted to keep the information center that does so much so after some measurements the original radio was all cut up, CD changer and cassette removed, circuit boards cut and moved up, the front face cut out, and the new radio put inside the old radio casing. It is all tapped into the original Bose system, all the functions like the steering wheel controls still work, and it shut off in 10 mins or when you open the door just like the original. Now it has the NAV, phone, backup camera, DVD, CD, USB, SD Card, and other Aux inputs to boot. It's quite a job but it came out good and works and sounds a lot better than the original. :woo

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
16 Oct 2020 18:10 #16429 by Geno
I need to do some work on the trim ring I made, it's too big but that can wait till later. I put a carbon fiber pic background on it to match the rest of the carbon fiber, it matches great but I can't get the camera to capture it. Sooo, can anyone name the movie in there... :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
16 Oct 2020 20:20 #16430 by Kurt-NEPA
Replied by Kurt-NEPA on topic What's everybody doing?
Nice work, I do like that carbon fiber look!

1988 520H
1995 520H
1998 520xi
2000 522xi
1950 Ford 8N
1955 Ford 660
Single Stage Blower
2-Two Stage Blowers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

More
16 Oct 2020 23:46 #16431 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic What's everybody doing?

Geno wrote: I need to do some work on the trim ring I made, it's too big but that can wait till later. I put a carbon fiber pic background on it to match the rest of the carbon fiber, it matches great but I can't get the camera to capture it. Sooo, can anyone name the movie in there... :tounge2

nope don't know that flick and i don't think cars need movies that you can't watch when your driving..............:bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
17 Oct 2020 08:29 #16432 by Geno
Thanks Kurt :thanks

The movie watching is to keep the other people in the car quiet so you can concentrate on driving lol. :tounge2

GT will prob know, I think he got the last one in the Escalade a long time ago. :yes

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

More
23 Oct 2020 13:47 #16436 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic What's everybody doing?

Geno wrote: Thanks Kurt :thanks

The movie watching is to keep the other people in the car quiet so you can concentrate on driving lol. :tounge2

GT will prob know, I think he got the last one in the Escalade a long time ago. :yes

Yup Star Wars I think

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

Time to create page: 0.371 seconds