• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
17 Mar 2020 18:22 #15843 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?
Thanks Nappy. :thanks

I've finally reclaimed the old welding table after the Fastenal fixation lol. :laughing

I'll be spending the next 2 afternoons (while it's warm) down at the welding shop building a new 5 x 5 welding table on wheels with 1 foot removable welding grates on each end. When they are both slid onto the table it will be 5 x 7 total. This will be the actual table used for welding and other things. The welder and plasma cutter may be on a lower shelf and stay on that table as well. Not sure how to describe what's actually in my mind to build but I'll get pics of it and how it works in the tool section when it's all done. :thumb

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2020 20:31 #15844 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic What's everybody doing?

Geno wrote: Thanks Nappy. :thanks

I've finally reclaimed the old welding table after the Fastenal fixation lol. :laughing

I'll be spending the next 2 afternoons (while it's warm) down at the welding shop building a new 5 x 5 welding table on wheels with 1 foot removable welding grates on each end. When they are both slid onto the table it will be 5 x 7 total. This will be the actual table used for welding and other things. The welder and plasma cutter may be on a lower shelf and stay on that table as well. Not sure how to describe what's actually in my mind to build but I'll get pics of it and how it works in the tool section when it's all done. :thumb

great at least your town isn't shut down like here...crazy stuff going on....:bacon0 :bacon0 :hungry :smile2 :cof3

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
18 Mar 2020 08:13 #15845 by Geno
We have the same thing here as you have there, the shutdown rules are State wide. I don't see where the mechanics, or repair shops have been asked to close, yet... That's part of the reason I'm doing this now lol.  :whistle

Welcome to the Stables!

More
18 Mar 2020 08:29 #15846 by nappypappy

Geno wrote: We have the same thing here as you have there, the shutdown rules are State wide. I don't see where the mechanics, or repair shops have been asked to close, yet... That's part of the reason I'm doing this now lol.  :whistle

yeah we have grocery stores and gas stations open and some other places like repair and hardware but who knows how long they will be open........:smile2 :smile2 :cof3 :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
21 Mar 2020 20:08 #15848 by Geno
I hope everyone is doing well with all the craziness going on out there. :yes

The new welding table isn't done yet but it's close. It's been a wild week and the welding table has evolved into a monstrous life of it's own, it's been getting a lot of welding and a few more time intensive changes made. I think 4-5 more hours will wrap it up. :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
02 Apr 2020 20:30 - 02 Apr 2020 20:37 #15865 by Geno
Welding table is done, there's a post for it in Tools - Homemade here - New Welding Table

I'll be running silent again till the beginning of next week lol. :jump1 Sold some more tractors and several attachments yesterday, peeps are picking up this Sat and next Monday. One of the Sat ones is a 520 that's getting a 60"deck, tiller, (got the rear lift setup and bracket on today), Firestone rear ags are on, and possibly several other things so there is a lot of extra prep on that one. The others need attachments dug out and on them, and more peeps still coming to look. It has gone nuts to say the least. Along with that dad has been hiding out at home for a few weeks over this virus thing while the past 2 weeks have been huge record sales in the store so I have to run the orders now. Did I mention someone is bringing another restore out of the blue I talked to a few weeks ago, he will be here 8AM tomorrow. Then there's also the other custom build in progress, and the 2 new big projects almost done in the VIP section... :whew

Then there's what happens over the next few days, whatever that may be... :faint

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 02 Apr 2020 20:37 by Geno.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
07 Apr 2020 16:15 #15870 by Geno
I'll be running silent again for over a month, possibly 2 now, minus updates to the 3 getting restored that are here now. All 3 of them are higher end restores, not basic so they take a lot more time. I am almost out of tractors ready to go and another restoration from someone I talked to from Chicago 1 1/2 years ago showed up today. I'm gonna start a separate post around here somewhere to let peeps know what's going on. :whew

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
17 Apr 2020 19:29 #15890 by Geno
OK, now that the bolt bin and bolt fetish is over I have a new one, a tire fetish, and there's more coming... :yes :rolling3

Honestly, the tire peeps are saying there's a supply line problem with the virus thing on these smaller AG tires so I'm cleaning the KY distributor warehouses out. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
30 Apr 2020 19:27 - 30 Apr 2020 19:28 #15927 by Geno
I have a few truckloads of these used racks and bins coming tomorrow and more next week, they are showing up now that peeps are cutting back or closing shop. My Fastenal guys, especially the DM who is getting all of these for me, are the best, they take awesome care of me. :thumb1 This will give us 10 times the parts storage we have now in the same footprint by just replacing the shelves we use now. It will also free up a lot of the bigger shelves for bigger things. It's gonna entail some major moving but I'll get a post up on it soon in the equipment section. :thumb1

Last pic is what they look like in their stores.

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Apr 2020 19:28 by Geno.

More
30 Apr 2020 21:16 #15929 by nappypappy

Geno wrote: I have a few truckloads of these used racks and bins coming tomorrow and more next week, they are showing up now that peeps are cutting back or closing shop. My Fastenal guys, especially the DM who is getting all of these for me, are the best, they take awesome care of me. :thumb1 This will give us 10 times the parts storage we have now in the same footprint by just replacing the shelves we use now. It will also free up a lot of the bigger shelves for bigger things. It's gonna entail some major moving but I'll get a post up on it soon in the equipment section. :thumb1

Last pic is what they look like in their stores.

WOW them are fancy and they look nice to.....:10 :woo :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

Time to create page: 0.433 seconds