• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
13 Apr 2021 14:05 #16912 by Geno
I meant to post this last week but it's been super busy around here. :whew The new steamer arrived last week but seems it had damage before it was packed, and they forgot to send my stainless hose reel. :doh Now we are in the middle of negotiating what is gonna be done about it...

I am impressed with the unit for sure, it is all real stainless including the welds and bolts, and the pump and burner assy are USA name brand parts I'm familiar with. I can't get a magnet to stick to it anywhere, I didn't expect it to be this nice but it is Made in USA... :thumb1 If they drop the price enough for the labor of fixing it and send me new panels I may keep it. They did say the warranty wouldn't be affected as well so that is good, one of the reasons I bought this was the lifetime warranty on the burner coil.

Welcome to the Stables!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2021 16:58 #16914 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic The New Steamer is here.

Geno wrote: I meant to post this last week but it's been super busy around here. :whew The new steamer arrived last week but seems it had damage before it was packed, and they forgot to send my stainless hose reel. :doh Now we are in the middle of negotiating what is gonna be done about it...

I am impressed with the unit for sure, it is all real stainless including the welds and bolts, and the pump and burner assy are USA name brand parts I'm familiar with. I can't get a magnet to stick to it anywhere, I didn't expect it to be this nice but it is Made in USA... :thumb1 If they drop the price enough for the labor of fixing it and send me new panels I may keep it. They did say the warranty wouldn't be affected as well so that is good, one of the reasons I bought this was the lifetime warranty on the burner coil.

WOW that is pretty...........:10 :cof3 :woo :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

More
16 Apr 2021 00:58 #16918 by CortlandBill
forgive my innocence -- but what is it for and what does it do ? I assume cleaning of parts or the tractors themselves? Sorry i'm not familiar but it looks impressive - how do you plan to use it and what will it do better or differently ?

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
16 Apr 2021 08:39 - 16 Apr 2021 08:44 #16919 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic The New Steamer is here.
Regular pressure washers have a hard time with old hardened caked on grease so I spend a lot of time and purple power trying to get a tractor clean. If it's been on there a long time a regular pressure washer won't clean it off no matter what. That means a lot more time scraping manually, and investment in chemicals cleaning and degreasing in the shop before it can go in the blaster. This unit has a diesel fired burner that heats the water, the design is just like a diesel furnace along with a coil in the burner that heats the water quickly. 180 - 200 degrees will melt off old hardened grease off almost instantly, and this unit does up to 250 degrees so it is more than enough lol. :tounge2

I should have bought one years ago, it will pay for itself very quickly in time alone let alone chemicals around here. :thumb1

I have some other goodies coming for it that work with it as well, I'll put them in here as they show up. :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 16 Apr 2021 08:44 by Geno.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

More
16 Apr 2021 10:57 #16920 by CortlandBill
sounds terrific -- i sorta thought that was the plan - i know from where you speak -- i call that grease/oil on tractors "super glue" -- yes, lots of time with a putty knife and the toxic to breath spray cleaner bottles - just reading their warning labels is scary

More
16 Apr 2021 11:40 #16921 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic The New Steamer is here.
That should do the job, have a blast! :dalek :cleaning :dalek

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

More
16 Apr 2021 12:19 #16924 by CortlandBill
curious - does it actually shoot steam or hot water?

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
16 Apr 2021 14:14 #16926 by Geno
It does whatever you want. You can shut off the burner and just use cold water, or turn on the burner and adjust the water temp from 100 to 250. I'm not sure where steam starts but I'm sure there will be plenty at the 212 degree plus range lol. :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
12 May 2021 18:24 - 12 May 2021 18:32 #16984 by Geno
I haven't been lazy in replying here, just still waiting to see who owns up to and fixes the damage that occurred before it arrived here. I haven't heard a word in almost 3 weeks but that's ok, according to the Commonwealth KY attorney here I'm entitled to the same $37 per day inside storage as a vehicle or tractor that's not picked up within 5 days of being ready. This applies from the day it arrived (since it's been over 5 days) until it is fixed, however that happens, and I am happy with the purchase. It hasn't been paid for yet and I am already at over 1/3 the purchase price of a new perfect unit in storage fees, not including the parts to fix this one or labor to do so. On June 30 they will owe me more than I owe them so I guess I will have a dented up new steam cleaner for free, works for me lol. :laughing

I think they are dragging their feet and put me at the bottom of the list since I was being so nice about the whole matter when it came in damaged and we were talking. That's fine too, just don't confuse someone being nice with that same person being stupid lol. :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 12 May 2021 18:32 by Geno.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

More
28 May 2021 10:30 #17020 by CortlandBill
"That's fine too, just don't confuse someone being nice with that same person being stupid" --- that's a great line -- if i may i will borrow it !!!!

Time to create page: 0.299 seconds