Just quit in the middle of cutting with the head lights on

More
19 May 2017 10:42 #13733 by GoBucks
Any tips on bypassing the board? I asked him about it, he said something about the stator in the Onan and you couldn't do it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
19 May 2017 18:08 #13735 by Geno
Let's start with the simplest thing... Tell him to find out why the headlights don't work. According to the schematic they have nothing to do with the board...

The lights have a 15A fuse, that circuit also runs the board. It comes off of terminal A of the switch. Why am I thinking I could fix this in 5 minutes lol. :rolling

Welcome to the Stables!

More
19 May 2017 22:33 #13737 by nappypappy

Geno wrote: Let's start with the simplest thing... Tell him to find out why the headlights don't work. According to the schematic they have nothing to do with the board...

The lights have a 15A fuse, that circuit also runs the board. It comes off of terminal A of the switch. Why am I thinking I could fix this in 5 minutes lol. :rolling

my bet is on Geno .................he would have it fixed in a lot less than 5 minutes.............He is the man.....................:bow2 :smile2 :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

More
20 May 2017 06:15 #13738 by GT 14
Bypass surgery will take care of it, power to the coil and starter is all you need.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

More
20 May 2017 08:46 #13741 by GoBucks
I sent him the information. To be fair, a previous owner has done something to the wiring. You could see splices and terminals that were no longer connected.

It's been running good since 2009 when I bought it though, but it is possible a previous owner may have gone away from the schematic.

• Geno
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
20 May 2017 09:48 #13742 by Geno
If the wiring wasn't right then that's where you start, you can't diagnose anything electrical until it's put back the way it should be...

Welcome to the Stables!

Time to create page: 0.394 seconds