What's everybody doing?

More
25 Jun 2019 07:57 #15531 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic What's everybody doing?
wow o wow......nice and wish i had one....guessing whats wrong just don't get it.....i could put that to good use here.................:10 :woo :yay :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
27 Jun 2019 13:26 #15533 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?
Started on extending a planter yesterday and just about to finish it up, had to get rid of the hole in between the planter and upstairs heat pump, the heat pump wasn't there when the planter was done over 12 years ago, plus use up some leftover stuff from over 12 years ago that has been taking up space. Killing 2 birds with 1 stone lol. :smile2

I'll tell you one thing, I've been outside for the past 3 days and it's not fit to be out there, especially in the sun, where was Spring this year?  :nono A little work in the area with the 3 ponds is next, then on to some painting and trim work. The days are getting shorter again already and made me realize it's time to get in gear. :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
28 Jun 2019 06:13 #15535 by nappypappy
yeah we skipped spring again and i can see that you need some new paint but be careful in this heat.
your place always looks nice even if it needs some paint.............also did your house have a basement?
....:smile2 :cof3 :woo :yay :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
28 Jun 2019 08:26 #15536 by Geno
Thanks Nappy. I'll work outside mornings and evenings but once lunch time or so hits it's just too hot to be out in the Sun, we're having August weather now, the weather has gone crazy lol. :doh

The house doesn't have a basement, I wish it did, it makes things a lot easier to do. :thumb

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
30 Jun 2019 15:29 - 30 Jun 2019 15:32 #15537 by Geno
Figured out the Escalade problem yesterday. There was a problem with a ground splice in the coil pack harness that was causing an intermittent main ground to the coils on the left bank. Before pulling the coil bracket assy off to dig deeper I added another ground and tapped it in at the #1 coil and it was fixed. Clint was here when I found it, they have a new way of doing splices I guess, they are somehow just heated and pressed together, no connector as usual with GM's. I was just able to pull them right apart by hand easily and the connections were corroded. I think this will end up being a common problem eventually as these trucks get older so if anyone runs into a weird problem with this on any of the newer GM V8's give me a shout for some easy testing you can do.

The coil positive feeds and coil returns to the computer are done the same way, only the triggers are separate so I ordered 2 new harness' to make sure this doesn't happen again on either side with another splice, then another, then another lol...  :whistle They will be here tomorrow then all I have to do is change the oil, plugs, and cat converter on the left bank that got eat up. :doh

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Jun 2019 15:32 by Geno.

More
01 Jul 2019 06:48 #15538 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic What's everybody doing?
I knew it would be a simple fix, grounds are a real bugger. The green crustys will get ya.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

More
01 Jul 2019 10:21 #15539 by nappypappy
yeah you got lucky on that since it could have been a lot worse....................................:smile2 :wave :yay :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
03 Jul 2019 09:21 #15540 by Geno
It just got worse lol. :whew

I had a small power steering leak I thought I would fix while it's in here. Went to replace a line and when taking the clamp loose on the power steering pump line made into the pump it started pouring out fluid. So now it's a pump and line... Then, when trying to get the bolt out of the rack that holds the line it broke off in the rack. :doh Are we having fun yet? :rolling

She's been a great truck so she's worth it. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
04 Jul 2019 05:53 #15541 by nappypappy
just like that old saying when it rains it pours.......but Have a Happy 4th of July and why worry be happy...........................:10 :smile2 :cof3 :yay :spock :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
08 Jul 2019 19:01 - 08 Jul 2019 19:06 #15543 by Geno
Thanks Nappy, I am still happy. :smile2 The truck has been on the rack for a week trying to get a made in China return line that will fit in the rack though. :rolling It would have been done the same day if there were any USA parts in the world any more... They are supposed to be tapered on the ends to get them in the rack and the return is not. The seal won't even go on the line out of the truck without the taper on the end of the line. The seal is so tight a bolt pulls them into the rack, and once the seal is driven into the rack with the special tool for it the line will never go in. Only the GM one is the correct type with a tapered end and it's not made here either for a lot more money, and a year warranty versus a lifetime warranty. The manager was supposed to call Gates and see if all of their lines are made wrong like everyone else's but still waiting. :waiting That line fits every GM truck made under every GM brand from 07-14 and they wonder why they all come back, most of them damaged lol. :rolling3

Spent all morning with peeps picking up Horses from last weeks work, and the afternoon helping dad with several things. Maybe I can get some things done around here tomorrow lol. :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 08 Jul 2019 19:06 by Geno.

Time to create page: 0.502 seconds