• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
06 Aug 2019 12:08 #15555 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?
What I am doing most is wondering where the last day, week, or month went. :laughing :rolling3

Seems like I get out here in the morning then it's 7-8 or later at night. Time just goes by soooooooooo fast... We've worked on some Horses for peeps, done a lot of clean up and organizing, and more outside work on sprucing up the property than I have got done in years. Now I'm working on digging out and getting the last stump on the property below ground level then they will all be gone. :woo

I'll try not to be such a stranger as I have been, I just know the warm weather will be gone before we know it, there's much to do, and I need more space or a much bigger place to work out of... :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
07 Aug 2019 06:21 #15556 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic What's everybody doing?
I hear ya, time goes quickly when your having fun. So we must be overjoyed. :dance2

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
12 Aug 2019 10:24 #15557 by Geno
Lol Gt. :rolling

Last week was a good week for mostly outdoor work. A dead ash near the highway culvert, a few other small ones blocking the view to the shop and the huge petrified Ash tree stump is finally all gone, a lot of backhoe digging and below ground level cutting but it looks good. We did a lot of tree trimming as well. :whew There's some pics of what it was last fall I think.

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
12 Aug 2019 19:06 - 12 Aug 2019 19:10 #15558 by Geno
I have some peeps that need a pulley part number that I have run out of NOS so it's time to organize all the decks and get some apart for parts. I am out of NOS 48" double pulleys, unless there are more around here that I don't know exactly where they are which is very possible. :tounge2 About 60 of them on 1 trailer are off and organized by size, 48, 42, and 36 or 37. There is still more to do, there are a lot more than this in the 4 car garage not including the restored ready to go ones, and some more at the farm but at least it's a start to getting more stuff organized so I know what is here... :whew

This would be a good time to fix this trailer too while it's empty. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 Aug 2019 19:10 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
19 Aug 2019 19:03 #15559 by Geno
It's amazing how much stuff a person can accumulate being in the same house for 25 years and same shop for almost 23. :whew

There is a big sale coming most likely in October, it will include cars, trucks, car and truck parts, a ton of 67-72 Chevy truck parts, Wheel Horse Parts + some tractors too. It will probably last for about a week. Not sure what all will be in it because I have a lot to do outside in the next 5-6 weeks including cutting wood for Winter, and a few tractor builds for peeps which is the priority now. All I know is I need more space in the shop for now, and a new place with a lot more room in the future to move forward. I really really really need my paint room (now a storage room) in operation again too lol. :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!

More
22 Aug 2019 10:37 #15560 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic What's everybody doing?
guess i need to save my nickels and dimes for your sale.......:yay :woo :cof3 :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

More
22 Aug 2019 10:41 #15561 by nappypappy

1985 416-8
520-H

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
22 Aug 2019 13:08 #15562 by Geno
Would take a lot of extension cords and time to do the 3 acres or so I do sometimes. :laughing But it is cool. :yes

We've been making holes for stuff here, there and everywhere, and a lot of stuff is getting gathered from all over the property and garages and all put into 1 spot so we know what is here and where it is. :thumb1 That's the good news, sorta bad news is we just agreed to buy a lot more Kohler and Wheel Horse NOS stuff, at least it's all parts and no big stuff this time. :rolling

Getting ready to put out a call on the WHS FB page looking for organizing type stuff like the 4 (or larger) metal pull out storage drawers, stainless rolling shelf units, and metal wall unit with all the Kohler stuff on it in the pics. Just started on gathering up all of the electrical parts, my old ignition cabinets are getting cleaned out and used for ignition and electrical once again lol.

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
26 Aug 2019 12:33 #15563 by Geno
We took the bent trailer to the welding shop and got it all straightened out last Friday. For those who don't know or forgot I bent it 4 years ago when the 5K pound lift all terrain Cat forklift went through the rear boards. The trailer hauled it just fine but it didn't like the sudden stop when 15K pounds of counterweight dropped about 10" to the rail when the boards gave way unloading it lol. :rolling

While we were there we pulled the boards off of the bed and decided to replace the bed with aluminum but when we went to get 16' pieces they were buried and it was supposed to be today to dig them out. It's raining today and prob tomorrow so it will prob be Wed before we finish that part up. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
26 Aug 2019 13:43 #15564 by nappypappy
yeah i hear you but we really needed rain here in derby town..........:smile2 :cof3 :hello :hungry :thanks :bday5 :agree :bacon0 :wrain

1985 416-8
520-H

Time to create page: 0.521 seconds