• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
30 Aug 2021 09:14 #17253 by Geno
These have been in the store for a long time but I never made a post on them. The main reason for this post is not that we have them as we sell a lot of them, the main reason is at the end of this post. :thumb1

Wheel Horse 101710 Hood Pivot Rod. This rod was used on most tractors 1971 and up to pivot the front hood open, it slides into the front Tach-a-Matic bracket. The rod is made in house by WHS. All work is done on our lathe, the ends are finished, the ends are tapered, the e-clip groove is to spec, and is like the original. It also includes 2 e-clips as pictured.

They are here - Wheel Horse 101710 Pivot Rod

*** I usually keep a lot of extra parts here and only list a part of the quantity we have on hand in the store. We keep the extras here for repair work, restorations, and walk ins but these are a really hot seller because of the price and I just packaged the last one we had while packing the weekend orders this morning, oops... :sorry

I will make it a point to make more of them today and have them back in the store today. The reason we sell so many of them is they are over $45.00 from Toro, and cheapest ones we've found are at Jack's for $39.26, do not come with e-clips, and are not made in USA... The last batch sold for $12.99, the new ones will be $14.99 and they even come with the e-clips... With the doubling of steel prices among other things I think we're still doing really good. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
31 Aug 2021 07:50 #17256 by Geno
Sorry I didn't get them in the store yesterday but it was one of those days... We had a nasty storm and the power was out all yesterday afternoon along with a very close lightning strike here on the property and we have some damage to other things. All of the equipment in the shop survived but with the other damage it will prob be another few days. :sorry

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
07 Sep 2021 19:18 #17274 by Geno
The storm damage is all fixed up and and I'm back to where I wanted to be this time last week... I made a few of them today so there are at least some for the store and for work here. :thumb

These are a version 2.0 as well. The only real difference is they are 1/8" longer overall (1/16" more on each end past the e-clip) so they never have a chance to wander back in the tach-a-matic hole. If you analyze something long enough there's always room for improvement. :smile2

I'll get them blasted, painted, and in the store in the morning, that's the plan anyway and the weather looks good. :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
08 Sep 2021 10:52 - 08 Sep 2021 10:59 #17275 by Geno
They are back and better than ever. :thumb1

The one with some rust on it was the original prototype and made from steel bought from the welding shop down the road long ago. One nice thing I've been noticing is I get to skip the blasting now that all of the steel is bought and delivered here, and always kept in a climate controlled environment. A little carb cleaner to get the protective oil off and they were ready for paint. Not that I mind blasting but then I have to get all of the aluminum shot out of the e-clip groves... :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 08 Sep 2021 10:59 by Geno.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

Time to create page: 0.703 seconds