• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
17 Dec 2020 14:53 #16545 by Geno
One 310-8 left today, Steve's 312-8 is getting picked up tomorrow and it's time to do a few other little things and get some new things in the store. I've been putting things together for the start of the Mail in Restoration Services for awhile. I'll get in more detail later in the Store Section but the 1" axle hubs have the tooling done to restore them in the lathe. Hoping to have the setups for the brake drum, input pulley and 1 1/8" axles done by Jan 1. :thumb1

With parts getting harder to find and eventually even harder this type of program should do a lot of good for peeps. :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
25 Dec 2020 17:40 #16573 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Mail in Restoration Service
One of the brake drum types has lathe tooling done, the one with the 2 flat spots on the drum. :thumb1

There are still 2 left to do I think, the 1" keyed bolt on and the older 3/4" keyed.

Don't care much for turning cast iron though, it sure makes a mess lol. :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
30 Dec 2020 08:18 #16581 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Mail in Restoration Service
The tooling for turning the older 3/4" shaft brake drums is ready. Since these transmission parts are so hard to find I decided to make a shaft from scratch to hold them from a piece of 3/4 cold rolled.

The finish on these old drums were pretty rough so it takes a little more time to get them smoothed up, but they can be made nice. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GT 14, nappypappy

Time to create page: 0.257 seconds