New tires are on!!!!

More
13 Jun 2015 20:22 #5792 by Trouty56
Replied by Trouty56 on topic New tires are on!!!!

FewMoreMiles wrote: Looks great, Bob! Looks like the front of my little Suburban with those five lugs. I think they are pretty nifty. Thanks for sharing the photos of the sickle bar mounted as well...I have only seen one in my entire lifetime, and it's a treat seeing nice photos of it as well.

Thanks...sickle mowers are cool for sure.....sometimes I think sell it...sometimes I say keep it.....lol

Bob T
Adams County Pennsyltucky

"One, that's easy to remember. It's the first number in the alphabet...." - Barney Fife

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 Jun 2015 20:39 #5794 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic New tires are on!!!!

Trouty56 wrote:

M Bailey wrote: Bob that looks killer with the ags and tri-ribs, not to mention the 5 lug front wheels! Very well done :thumb1 :goodjob :cool

Thanks Major.....I needed some new hubs for my 40+ year old trailer and recycled the old ones to the front of this....I would have bought 4.0-8 tri ribs but took a chance on 3.5-8's.....I will NOT make that mistake again....not only where they near impossible to mount....they are not as tall.... On this tractor, however, it makes the rear look bigger....hehe

Geno....sounds just like the wild horses you had at your show......awesome!!!

Question did you mount them yourself or somebody else mount them......if you did what did you use like special tools or what?:smile2

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

More
13 Jun 2015 21:08 #5795 by Trouty56

nappypappy wrote:

Trouty56 wrote:

M Bailey wrote: Bob that looks killer with the ags and tri-ribs, not to mention the 5 lug front wheels! Very well done :thumb1 :goodjob :cool

Thanks Major.....I needed some new hubs for my 40+ year old trailer and recycled the old ones to the front of this....I would have bought 4.0-8 tri ribs but took a chance on 3.5-8's.....I will NOT make that mistake again....not only where they near impossible to mount....they are not as tall.... On this tractor, however, it makes the rear look bigger....hehe

Question did you mount them yourself or somebody else mount them......if you did what did you use like special tools or what?:smile2

Nappy....soap and 2 screwdrivers....big ones.....

Bob T

"One, that's easy to remember. It's the first number in the alphabet...." - Barney Fife

More
13 Jun 2015 23:29 #5796 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic New tires are on!!!!

Trouty56 wrote:

nappypappy wrote:

Trouty56 wrote:

Nappy....soap and 2 screwdrivers....big ones.....

Ok thanks:smile2

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

More
14 Jun 2015 18:32 #5823 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic New tires are on!!!!
I painted mine before mounting shoes, looks like you did a good job.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

More
14 Jun 2015 18:43 #5825 by Trouty56

GT 14 wrote: I painted mine before mounting shoes, looks like you did a good job.

I mount all my tires by hand....I don't have tire irons...just crowbars and big screwdrivers....so I butcher the paint if they were painted beforehand. I use the card trick.....lower the pressure and tuck cards between the rim and tire......I learned a new trick too.....:topsecret

Bob T

More
15 Jun 2015 12:19 #5841 by AJ WH Ranger
Replied by AJ WH Ranger on topic New tires are on!!!!

Trouty56 wrote:

GT 14 wrote: I painted mine before mounting shoes, looks like you did a good job.

I mount all my tires by hand....I don't have tire irons...just crowbars and big screwdrivers....so I butcher the paint if they were painted beforehand. I use the card trick.....lower the pressure and tuck cards between the rim and tire......I learned a new trick too.....:topsecret

Go on... Explain your tricks. Because I hate trying to mount tires!

AJ
Bassin' and Horsin' around!

66 Lawn Ranger
68 Lawn Ranger
72 Charger 10 auto
74 C-100 8-Speed
81 C-101 Blackhood

More
15 Jun 2015 12:35 #5842 by JustinW.73
Replied by JustinW.73 on topic New tires are on!!!!
Mounting tires is easy, plus, if you can't get em, its fun watchin them blow up. (by accident of course)

1973 No Name 16
1966 856
1964 854
198? 520H
Way too many decks
1966 f100

More
15 Jun 2015 13:07 #5844 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic New tires are on!!!!

Trouty56 wrote:

If you don't have proper irons you can cut plastic out of detergent or other heavy plastic containers. Then put them over the edge of the rim to protect it.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

More
15 Jun 2015 14:26 #5845 by Trouty56

AJ WH Ranger wrote:

Trouty56 wrote:

Go on... Explain your tricks. Because I hate trying to mount tires!

AJ....there is no good trick to mounting them....just painting them on the rim.....

GT....that is a good idea. I tried rubber roofing once....I still botched it....heavy plastic may work pretty good.... One thing about mounting tires....need three hands and an extra foot it seems!!!!

Bob T

Time to create page: 0.339 seconds