WhEeL HoRsE 1o1

More
10 Apr 2015 21:24 #3064 by JustinW.73
Replied by JustinW.73 on topic WhEeL HoRsE 1o1

AJ WH Ranger wrote: So the other day I went back out to work on the 66 Lawn Ranger. I had the engine running decent the day before to the point where I could start it up every time but I knew something wasn't just right yet (still isn't). The carb needed some final tuning, so out I went.

And of course the thing wont start for nothing. :angry2 :angry2 Tried everything I could think of for which had to be the better part 30 minutes. Even ripped a battery out of another tractor because the one in it was getting weak from multiple unsuccessful tries. Now, I'm livid and ready to sell the thing. After 10 minutes of cooling down, I go back out to the tractor only to find out I never turned the fuel shutoff valve on. :doh Sure enough it started right up. Amazing what happens when you add fuel to the mix.. SMH (shaking my head)

Gas might help it a little AJ. :yank :beat

1973 No Name 16
1966 856
1964 854
198? 520H
Way too many decks
1966 f100

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2015 00:22 #3074 by FewMoreMiles
Replied by FewMoreMiles on topic WhEeL HoRsE 1o1
:cof4 Sadly...I have done that as well. For some reason, I cannot remember to turn the fuel back on when I start my ATV. I have ALWAYS turned the fuel off on EVERYTHING, and allowed the equipment to naturally run out of fuel, and have had zero issues. Don't know why the ATV is such a hard one to remember. Glad that's all it was though AJ. And GT, you're spot on with my diagnosis! Man that was horrible, just sitting and wondering what was going on with this thing :confused2

More
11 Apr 2015 05:10 #3075 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic WhEeL HoRsE 1o1
The older/wiser we get the more Smiley story's we have. And if we get to the point where we hide our own Easter eggs, we will tell them over and over. :doh

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

More
11 Apr 2015 07:05 - 12 Apr 2015 06:24 #3086 by M Bailey
Replied by M Bailey on topic WhEeL HoRsE 1o1
Don't feel bad Miles. I once went through the entire wiring harness on my C-161 because of a no start issue :angry2 ........ One of the grand kids had engaged the PTO..... :faint

Major

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx
Last edit: 12 Apr 2015 06:24 by M Bailey.

More
12 Apr 2015 04:00 #3121 by FewMoreMiles
Replied by FewMoreMiles on topic WhEeL HoRsE 1o1
:rolling2 I can see how that might happen Major...especially on the newer mowers and so forth. My son was (attempting) to mow a couple of acres for me this afternoon using my John Deere zero turn, and killed it two or three times as he didn't have the sequence of starting and driving events just the way JD liked it. Don't bring in the handles first...disengage the parking brake first, wait...shouldn't I...darn it, killed it again :waiting

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds