416-8 Plowing the Garden

More
31 Mar 2015 15:44 #2301 by M Bailey
The ground here was perfect for plowing today. Decided it was time to put the 416-8 to work pulling the 12" Brinly. Wow! The old Horse did a great job with just chains and no weights, errrrr, except for my 210 pounds. A couple of more weeks and it'll be time to run the disc. :woo

Major

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2015 18:44 #2308 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic 416-8 Plowing the Garden
You are really going to town.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Administrator Supporter
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
31 Mar 2015 19:02 #2313 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic 416-8 Plowing the Garden
Awesome Major! :woo That thing plows deeper than I thought. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!

More
31 Mar 2015 19:29 - 31 Mar 2015 19:35 #2319 by Trouty56
Replied by Trouty56 on topic 416-8 Plowing the Garden
I have a 10" plow and hope to get it set up better this year.....following this guide.....

www.wfmachines.com/techinfo bhyiop-/plowsetup.html

won't show the url correctly because of the space.....but look for plow setup

www.wfmachines.com/techinfo/plowsetup.html

Bob T
Adams County Pennsyltucky

"One, that's easy to remember. It's the first number in the alphabet...." - Barney Fife
Last edit: 31 Mar 2015 19:35 by Trouty56.

More
01 Apr 2015 03:25 - 01 Apr 2015 03:53 #2345 by M Bailey
Replied by M Bailey on topic 416-8 Plowing the Garden
These old Brinly's do a great job when the set up is right. This one is pulling from hole 2L with the right front wheel in the furrow and the pitch set for 6+ inches of depth.

Major

Last edit: 01 Apr 2015 03:53 by M Bailey.

More
01 Apr 2015 05:19 #2351 by Trouty56

M Bailey wrote: These old Brinly's do a great job when the set up is right. This one is pulling from hole 2L with the right front wheel in the furrow and the pitch set for 6+ inches of depth.

I only have about 20-22 inches between my rear wheels (C-125)....10 inch plow.....should be 1 or 2L for me.....5 inches depth but 6 if possible...
The rear rock shaft setup seems a little tight for me with depth with this tractor....it is like the chain gets tight before it bottoms out...gotta look at it more closely. I'm gonna put the left wheels of the tractor on 5 inches of wood and then adjust the plow to the blacktop for depth....then try for 6 inches....try pulling with the 2L hole first....might have to widen it to the 1 hole to get a good roll... Glad you got yours set good.....

Bob T

"One, that's easy to remember. It's the first number in the alphabet...." - Barney Fife

More
01 Apr 2015 17:06 #2390 by M Bailey
Replied by M Bailey on topic 416-8 Plowing the Garden

Trouty56 wrote:

I only have about 20-22 inches between my rear wheels (C-125)....10 inch plow.....should be 1 or 2L for me.....5 inches depth but 6 if possible...
The rear rock shaft setup seems a little tight for me with depth with this tractor....it is like the chain gets tight before it bottoms out...gotta look at it more closely. I'm gonna put the left wheels of the tractor on 5 inches of wood and then adjust the plow to the blacktop for depth....then try for 6 inches....try pulling with the 2L hole first....might have to widen it to the 1 hole to get a good roll... Glad you got yours set good.....[/quote]

Bob, the space between my wheels is only 19" but for whatever reason, the 2L position works best for lining up the front wheel in the furrow. Here's a couple of pics of how it looks lifted (before I cleaned it off), a lot more pitch than one would think.

Major

Attachments:

More
01 Apr 2015 17:24 #2393 by AMC Rules
Replied by AMC Rules on topic 416-8 Plowing the Garden
Awesome link...
thanks Bob. :clap

Wheel Horse Stables RULES!

More
01 Apr 2015 18:49 #2401 by Trouty56
You know Major.....guides are only that....guides....whatever works best. That 12 inch plow is big.....hard to believe a tractor can pull it....
Hey Craig....thanks.....should be a sticky in the implement section....that Brinly Guide I mean.....

Bob T

Time to create page: 0.380 seconds