310-8 Model Number 73429 Serial Number 9900298 questions

More
24 Aug 2020 11:10 #16338 by Bhark24
My Cousin dropped off her New to Her 310-8 recently for me to look over.

Upon inspection a few thing's seem to be a miss here. So I will list my thought's on what I see and maybe you all can give me some great feedback.

1st thing: The clutch Pedal is so far forward you need to be almost 7 feet tall to engage and disengage it. If you let go of the clutch and you are in any gear (except Reverse) it will pull a wheel stand that would make the old wheel standing drag car's jealous. It currently has a Oregon belt on it a 75-582
The routing of the belt and the pulley's appears to be correct. At first thought I had figured it has the wrong belt on it and that the belt was short, However now I am not so sure as the Factory Belt appear's to be a 81.5 inch belt.
So What am I missing here guy's? Will the 1/2" difference make something like this happen?

2nd thing: The rear end (Transmission) appear's to be out of skew. The distance from the center of the left rear tire to the front axle is shorter by almost 1/2" than the distance of the right rear center of the tire to the front axle shaft. Now I accomplished this measurement by making sure the front axle was square to the side cast iron frame rail's. I took and tire size difference or air pressure difference out of the equation buy setting the tractor on 4 level mounting points with the rear wheels and front wheels off of the ground. Kinda reminds me of the old 70's Nova's that ran down the road dragging the ass sideways.

So here are my thought's on this situation. I know WHEELHORSE'S had some issues with the rear transmission mount breaking (cracking) and flexing.( my 520H transmission mount broke ) This little unit has a plate welded on the 2 lower transmission mount holes. Look's like are after the fact like somebody may have attempted to repair this once. My question is did WHEELHORSE ever put an extra support plate on the bottom 2 transmission mounting holes?

3rd thing: Did this model and year tractor get the ugly ass TORO ( God I hate tryping that name. ) steering wheel on them. Gone on this unit is a WHEELHORSE Steering wheel. This one is very deep dished and just UGLY!

I have attached some pictures hopefully somebody can assist.|
Thank You Geno for such an awesome place here.
Bill
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
24 Aug 2020 21:10 #16343 by Geno
Just a note so everyone knows Bill isn't being ignored, I talked to him on the phone today lol. :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
24 Aug 2020 21:10 #16344 by Geno
Just a note so everyone knows Bill isn't being ignored, I talked to him on the phone today lol. :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!

Time to create page: 0.556 seconds