• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
04 Nov 2017 17:31 #14086 by Geno
This one has been sort of kept quiet about since I bought it a little over a year ago. It's a 96, 50th anniversary 520H. It has been in the shop in plain view close to all the paint and sandblast action so it would get real nastly lol. It also stayed covered in spare parts, extra boxes, parts under and leaning against it right behind my little black rolling tool box. Most thought it was just another old tractor, very few have seen it but not cleaned up, and no one has ever heard it run or move but me. I know what would happen, someone would buy it or something and being bought by me directly from the dealer I really wanted to be the 1 owner... :) Dad was even trying to buy it today. :rolling

It's had a 2 stage on it since new and that's it. It came from Meistranzi Bros, the dealer I bought out last year in Mass and they used it to clear the lot, so I guess I am the original owner now. Less than 30 hours, but did have to tighten a loose nut on the steering shaft because it had some play, I don't think it was right from the factory. It has 2 cracks in the seat from age, hubcaps are off now but are perfect. Cleaned up you can still see the nubs on the tires. It's the only WH I've ever owned in a hydro that does not make a single bit of noise when moving, taking off or stopping, it's really weird to get used to something that quiet. I decided yesterday to get it out and get it ready for snow blowing duty this Winter. She's getting a WH cab and NOS 2 stage, and a few other things. :woo

She's getting a good cleaning, roller needle bearings and races on the front spindles, Ag tires and maybe NOS weights on the front, lots of rear weight, and some mods like my adjustable throttle setup so I don't have to do it in the future. I'll keep you all updated on what gets done to her as it happens. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
06 Nov 2017 17:23 #14091 by Geno
She had a little more over spray than I thought so the buffer had to come out. Got her buffed and waxed today, no Armor All or shiny stuff on it, just clean. :thumb1

I did do a little damage to the rear axle and pan decals with the pressure washer, it was a little late but I did take the spinner nozzle off after that lol.. :doh

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
07 Nov 2017 18:31 #14092 by Kurt-NEPA
Wow Geno, that 520H is pristine. A shame to put it to work,. But a 520H and 2 stage is a beast. Add the cab and it is a pleasure to use in the snow. Time to get mine put together for winter.

BTW, it was snowing here today.

1988 520H
1995 520H
1998 520xi
2000 522xi
1950 Ford 8N
1955 Ford 660
Single Stage Blower
2-Two Stage Blowers

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
08 Nov 2017 08:02 #14093 by Geno
I couldn't live without a 520 and a 2 stage, you know what I mean. :thumb

She may be nice but what good is it for her to just sit around and be looked at, she has to earn her keep lol. :rolling It's easy to take care of them keep them looking new as well. My 414 has been worked hard for over 30 years and is still a sweety. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
08 Nov 2017 08:26 #14094 by Kurt-NEPA
I know what you mean Geno. My Horses have to work. I hate to run my 95 520H. It has 300 hrs on it and is in top condition. What I'm thinking is that it will become my blower tractor. That is where it excels. May just leave the two stage and cab on all year and just exercise it in the summer. That way it only gets a few hours a year. My xi's can do mower duty.

BTW. I just mounted the xi two stage I got this summer on my 522xi. We'll see how it works. I know Jersey Hawg was not happy with his. We'll see.

1988 520H
1995 520H
1998 520xi
2000 522xi
1950 Ford 8N
1955 Ford 660
Single Stage Blower
2-Two Stage Blowers

More
08 Nov 2017 10:00 #14095 by GT 14
Work em Restore em and Work em some more.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

More
09 Nov 2017 18:17 - 09 Nov 2017 18:20 #14096 by GlenPettit
Yes, always!

x
Last edit: 09 Nov 2017 18:20 by GlenPettit. Reason: trying add photo . . .

More
10 Nov 2017 05:14 #14097 by nappypappy
great and bundle up.....................:woo :thumb1 :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
10 Nov 2017 08:06 #14098 by Geno
There will be no more blowing without a cab. :rolling

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
10 Nov 2017 15:56 #14099 by Geno
Been doing other things this week so not moving so fast lol. Got the cab washed off and a little custom pipe bending today so unlike previous years I can open the hood now. The 1 factory bend had a tiny crimp but mine do not. I always figured I could bend this pipe and make these brackets right and now I know I can. :)

I've been working on a source this week for good Made in USA thrust bearings and washers for under the 1" axle shaft on these and am close, should wrap it up this Monday. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!

Time to create page: 0.601 seconds