1045 Belt Slipping

More
25 Jul 2016 14:49 #12128 by ManicMechanic
I bought a new 1/2 x 70 Kevlar Belt, I installed the belt and guard. I started up fine with my pedal pushed in while in rev, then backed up and stopped, when I go to drive in any forward speed it slows and seems to be slipping, can it be the Kevlar? A smaller Belt, 1/2 x 69 is too tight and won't stop spinning to engage a gear. I'll be looking for pulley slip next on the transmission......

"Some things never change and that's fine, however there comes a time when some things get changed and that's even better."

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
26 Jul 2016 08:53 #12133 by ManicMechanic
Replied by ManicMechanic on topic 1045 Belt Slipping
Thanks anyways, I found the sheared key-way on the left rear hub! To think this Tractor set all this time due to simple key-way!

"Some things never change and that's fine, however there comes a time when some things get changed and that's even better."

More
26 Jul 2016 16:56 #12134 by Trouty56
Replied by Trouty56 on topic 1045 Belt Slipping
Really?? I've read many posts to check the keyway on a hub....I don't think I've ever found that it was the issue.....that is awesome it was simple!!

Bob T
Adams County Pennsyltucky

"One, that's easy to remember. It's the first number in the alphabet...." - Barney Fife
The following user(s) said Thank You: ManicMechanic

• Geno
  • Administrator Supporter
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
28 Jul 2016 09:20 #12138 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic 1045 Belt Slipping
I've bought tractors like that before, that may be why they parked it. Glad you got her going. :thumb

Welcome to the Stables!

More
05 Aug 2016 21:18 #12176 by ManicMechanic
Replied by ManicMechanic on topic 1045 Belt Slipping
I'm very happy with this one! It runs strong! I even found a rebuild for the HY-3 with a new spring and everything. I even got the decals in this week!
Although we were away vacationing at Bald Head Island , NC, beautiful place, the teenagers loved it too!

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds