• Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
05 Dec 2015 09:23 #9433 by Geno
Just an update was created by Geno
Lots and lots of things going on around here, I don't see how Sandra stands it. She says hi to everyone, but by the time the long shop days are over she is wore out and just wants some piece and quiet. With everything else going on you should have seen her face when I told her we bought everything Todd (Redbone) has yesterday afternoon (tractors, parts, parts tractors and all) minus a few of his show tractors and signs. :rolling

Many of you have already seen the Downloads Section software is up and running. There's a few posts with more details in announcements.

We have some new classifieds software we're playing with that is really advanced. Eventually the classified will move to the Main Menu and have it's own page for the software to run on, it will include a pic, messaging, and contact system (like CL), and be searchable from search engines to help you sell your stuff, along with a lot of other cool features, you guys are gonna love it.

We have about 20 samples finalized and are about start bringing in a lot of new custom made for us restoration parts, like the caps, plugs, grommets + such. We hooked up with a large first tier direct distributor for SDK seals, Timken bearings, and some other lines first of last week. Most of the transmission seals are already ordered in bulk and should be here beginning of next week, bearings will be next. Pricing on these will all be in line with the cheapest places around and will show up in the store here for now.

With the shop and equipment almost done minus the metal fabrication stuff, we are starting to concentrate more on the store and parts. Several sizes of zip lock style parts bags showed up yesterday, our new thermal label printer and several sizes of labels are already here, and it's all hooked up and working. USPS flat rate boxes are everywhere. We signed up for an e-bay seller account yesterday (wheelhorsestables), and will be moving the hosting for the site to a faster server that will include a full fledged store with a shopping cart and all. We are already authorized to use Kohler, Tecumseh, and several other companies catalog software that can integrate into the site, but that will come as the last part later on.

This isn't everything, the post would be too many pages, but it's what's coming together at the moment. There are a few other things we are thinking about, but I would like all of your opinions first, I will make separate posts for those. Sorry I don't give updates as much as I probably should, but there just aren't enough hours in the day. You can rest assured of one thing, I am thinking and working on Wheel Horse related stuff 12-15 hours a day 6 days a week. :)

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kurt-NEPA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2015 09:28 #9434 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic Just an update

Geno wrote: Lots and lots of things going on around here, I don't see how Sandra stands it. She says hi to everyone, but by the time the long shop days are over she is wore out and just wants some piece and quiet. With everything else going on you should have seen her face when I told her we bought everything Todd (Redbone) has yesterday afternoon (tractors, parts, parts tractors and all) minus a few of his show tractors and signs. :rolling

Many of you have already seen the Downloads Section software is up and running. There's a few posts with more details in announcements.

We have some new classifieds software we're playing with that is really advanced. Eventually the classified will move to the Main Menu and have it's own page for the software to run on, it will include a pic, messaging, and contact system (like CL), and be searchable from search engines to help you sell your stuff, along with a lot of other cool features, you guys are gonna love it.

We have about 20 samples finalized and are about start bringing in a lot of new custom made for us restoration parts, like the caps, plugs, grommets + such. We hooked up with a large first tier direct distributor for SDK seals, Timken bearings, and some other lines first of last week. Most of the transmission seals are already ordered in bulk and should be here beginning of next week, bearings will be next. Pricing on these will all be in line with the cheapest places around and will show up in the store here for now.

With the shop and equipment almost done minus the metal fabrication stuff, we are starting to concentrate more on the store and parts. Several sizes of zip lock style parts bags showed up yesterday, our new thermal label printer and several sizes of labels are already here, and it's all hooked up and working. USPS flat rate boxes are everywhere. We signed up for an e-bay seller account yesterday (wheelhorsestables), and will be moving the hosting for the site to a faster server that will include a full fledged store with a shopping cart and all. We are already authorized to use Kohler, Tecumseh, and several other companies catalog software that can integrate into the site, but that will come as the last part later on.

This isn't everything, the post would be too many pages, but it's what's coming together at the moment. There are a few other things we are thinking about, but I would like all of your opinions first, I will make separate posts for those. Sorry I don't give updates as much as I probably should, but there just aren't enough hours in the day. You can rest assured of one thing, I am thinking and working on Wheel Horse related stuff 12-15 hours a day 6 days a week. :)

:goodpost :pics1 :smile2

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

More
05 Dec 2015 13:29 #9436 by Trouty56
Replied by Trouty56 on topic Just an update
My gosh Geno....give Sandra a break would ya!!!....lol.....you are going like 100 miles per hour!!!

Bob T
Adams County Pennsyltucky

"One, that's easy to remember. It's the first number in the alphabet...." - Barney Fife

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
05 Dec 2015 16:01 - 05 Dec 2015 16:02 #9437 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Just an update
I am constantly aware most of the time, and sometimes have to be reminded that most people don't move that fast. I've heard it for about 40 years, but there's stuff to be done! :rolling3

Todd just called, the first 25' trailer load is packed as much as possible, on the way, and should be here in a few hours. :woo

I'll get some pics on here of the first load later when we get unloaded. :)

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 05 Dec 2015 16:02 by Geno.

More
05 Dec 2015 17:10 #9442 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic Just an update
Hope you never get motivated :yank :hiding

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
05 Dec 2015 22:45 #9449 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Just an update
You're starting to sound like Sandra GT. :sissy
:rolling

Todd just left, I'll get some pics up tomorrow. Time to eat and go to bed. :whew

Welcome to the Stables!

Time to create page: 0.454 seconds