Older wheel horse

More
17 May 2015 21:25 - 17 May 2015 21:33 #4613 by David81
Older wheel horse was created by David81
Been driving buy this house that is being torn down and been seeing these old mowers sitting behind the garage one older Bolens a simplicity and a wheel Horse nearest I could tell it's a B-80 not a round hood anyway I stopped and ask a guy I seen working there about the WH and he said He didn't own it but the guy that has it would be back later and he would ask if He would sell it.....so me not knowing what WH tractors are worth Im wondering what it would be worth running or non running metal all looks good on it and I really don't know what to offer the guy for it seriously any ideas :confused1

Wheel Horse want- A -Be
Last edit: 17 May 2015 21:33 by David81.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2015 22:47 #4615 by GlenPettit
Replied by GlenPettit on topic Older wheel horse
Way too many variables to give you a price, mainly, it's what it's worth to you.
The B-series were smaller Lawn Tractors, to cut a small city lot of grass and tow a light trailer, most of them have a "sheet metal stamped frame" rather than a welded frame like the C-series Garden Tractors have, and usually the B's did not have a Kohler iron-block engine. Because the frame or engine usually failed, and the deck rusted out, only a small percentage of them have survived because they are just not worth fixing up for what they can do.
If the body looks good and the engine can run or at least has compression, lawn mower is complete and the mower deck is with it, maybe $150, but remember, it is not a Garden Tractor.

• Geno
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
18 May 2015 08:07 - 18 May 2015 08:07 #4617 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Older wheel horse
Depends on the year David. From 74-77 the B series were Garden tractors just like the C series and all had Kohler engines. It started out B's were 8 and 10hp and C's were 12hp and up. In 78 the B series became a lawn tractor and switched from a Kohler engine to a Briggs, and the C series started at 8hp and up with Kohler and some Briggs engines.

If it's a 74-77 it would be a good candidate, if it's 78 or newer I wouldn't consider it and save your money for a garden tractor. :)

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 18 May 2015 08:07 by Geno.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GlenPettit

More
18 May 2015 17:19 - 18 May 2015 17:25 #4630 by David81
Replied by David81 on topic Older wheel horse
pretty sure it's an early one cause the frame looks just like the bigger ones and it has the garden tractor wheels ......but Thanks Guy's all good info much appreciated forgot to mention it looks just like the one at the bottom of the page behind the calendars'

Wheel Horse want- A -Be
Last edit: 18 May 2015 17:25 by David81.

• Geno
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
18 May 2015 19:33 #4636 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Older wheel horse
That one belongs to Kudzu on here. I can't remember what year his is. He restored that one himself and I think it was the first one he ever did. Nice tractor. :)

Welcome to the Stables!

More
18 May 2015 21:17 #4638 by David81
Replied by David81 on topic Older wheel horse
Thanks Geno now to get it bought

Wheel Horse want- A -Be

More
18 May 2015 21:28 #4640 by M Bailey
Replied by M Bailey on topic Older wheel horse
I've seen some really nice B-80 tractors. That Kohler K181S is a great engine and has plenty of power to take on most tasks when combined with the 8 speed trans. I'd like to have one myself.

Major

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx

Time to create page: 0.684 seconds