• Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
19 Mar 2022 14:07 #17634 by Geno
Site updates was created by Geno
This is the same post that is in the Announcements Section.

There is a huge update to the operating system on the way that is really cool. It is the same one we have now but a completely new and faster version with more features and speed. It's been out for several months but I've been watching for it to become very stable, most of the bugs worked out, and most of the modules used here on the site to catch up and work with it. In preparation for this there will be some changes here and there on the site.

What will be first up and started today -

#1 - Operating System update (finished). This is pertaining to the operating system we use now. The site was completely backed up this morning then the operating system and all of the modules that work with it were updated on the test site and all went well. After that the updates were done here on the live site and that part is done.

#2 - Forum update (started). The forum will be updated to a newer version, but not the newest one that only works on the new operating system that's coming in the future. There will be a few changes, some permanent and some to see what you guys think.

*** The biggest difference you will see right away (as soon as this post is done) is that I'm going to shut off the flipping panels on the main forum page. Instead of them flipping you can click on the category name and it will take you to more categories. Once in a main category you will see all of the posts instead of just the most recent topic replied to.

You will see little cosmetic changes here and there like adding pics to the category panels, maybe some color changes and other little things but nothing huge or anything that would break the site lol. :laughing

I'm trying to make things better, easier to read, navigate, and find things than they were. If anyone has trouble using the new stuff, the colors are hard to read or easier to read, or have any other comments like something is good or bad for you, you can call me or let me know in here. :yes

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds