• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
19 Apr 2021 08:12 #16935 by Geno
Pricing has been going nuts on everything it seems. A lot of it makes no sense other than some are trying to make up income because of loss of sales during the "pandemic" restrictions... A lot of peeps are saying it's because of oil prices, like the tire increases and most petroleum products that started this month, although oil is pretty steady at around $60 a barrel. :doh Some of it is the China tariffs, I can see and understand that part. I saw this coming, that's why I stocked up so much and bought some of my new equipment when I did. Most equipment is going way up too, my new Iron worker with the extra attachments went up $2000.00 since I bought it.

I hardly eat out at all but even my McDoubles at McD's went from $1.29 each or 2 for $2 to 1.99 each, a 100% price increase on 2 of them is really sad. There is a way around that though, every receipt has a buy 1 one get one free if you fill out a short survey on the receipt. :tounge2

I've gotten notices from almost every supplier that May 1 prices are going up, the last one was Stens a few days ago. Just giving everyone a heads up that if you have plans to buy anything do it now because this isn't over yet and I know prices will continue to go up.

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
20 Apr 2021 00:24 #16936 by nappypappy

Geno wrote: Pricing has been going nuts on everything it seems. A lot of it makes no sense other than some are trying to make up income because of loss of sales during the "pandemic" restrictions... A lot of peeps are saying it's because of oil prices, like the tire increases and most petroleum products that started this month, although oil is pretty steady at around $60 a barrel. :doh Some of it is the China tariffs, I can see and understand that part. I saw this coming, that's why I stocked up so much and bought some of my new equipment when I did. Most equipment is going way up too, my new Iron worker with the extra attachments went up $2000.00 since I bought it.

I hardly eat out at all but even my McDoubles at McD's went from $1.29 each or 2 for $2 to 1.99 each, a 100% price increase on 2 of them is really sad. There is a way around that though, every receipt has a buy 1 one get one free if you fill out a short survey on the receipt. :tounge2

I've gotten notices from almost every supplier that May 1 prices are going up, the last one was Stens a few days ago. Just giving everyone a heads up that if you have plans to buy anything do it now because this isn't over yet and I know prices will continue to go up.

Great just what we dont need and i can just by the skin of my teeth get by every month without price increases....whats a poor man going to do.............:bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
20 Apr 2021 09:56 #16937 by Geno
Fill out the receipt coupons, use other coupons, shop for deals, and anything else we can do I guess...

I'm going to the farm this afternoon to do more cleanup and work on saving some on the electric bill this Winter, which by the way is going up too. :whew

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
20 Apr 2021 10:14 #16938 by nappypappy

Geno wrote: Fill out the receipt coupons, use other coupons, shop for deals, and anything else we can do I guess...

I'm going to the farm this afternoon to do more cleanup and work on saving some on the electric bill this Winter, which by the way is going up too. :whew

Yeah i see what you are doing to save on electric bills....WOOD.......i wish i had a good o wood stove here.....wouldnt take much to heat this small house....maybe some day.......oh well.................:cof3 :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

More
25 Apr 2021 08:52 #16950 by GT 14
When these high rollers convene in Davos to do the "great economic reset" The USA will get the brown end of the stick.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
26 Apr 2021 07:37 #16952 by Geno