• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
16 Nov 2019 18:14 - 16 Nov 2019 18:39 #15642 by Geno
Where have I been hiding? Working on building the new WHS Store on the test site for awhile in spare time and got very serious most of this week from morning till bedtime. :whew :topsecret All went well there with all of the frameworks, software, templating, addons, code changes, and all the other changes I made in the test site so I am ready to begin here on the main site.

Why now? With the new shipping options the store will be able to have larger products in it, products we make and stock already but would not fit in a small flat rate box. Also, anything new done in the old store will have to be redone in the new one wasting time so this the best time to build a new one. I've been researching and thinking about this for years and already have a lot of ideas on what it takes to make a really nice store and what it takes to build it. The main thing it needs to be all it can be is be on the main site and running on the operating system here.

What will the differences be? It will be very clean, organized and easy to navigate. It will have all of the features of any site including Amazon or eBay, with a few more. The ability to save carts, make wish lists and add to cart from them, quantity discounts, related products, advanced searching by any method, and lots of other cool features. You can even view the cart and other things without leaving the page you are on in a pop-up module. There are pop ups and movement on the pages of course, just because I like it lol. :jump1

It will have a lot of marketing features like - Email a Friend, share products on FB, Twitter, Pinterest, etc, etc. It can also have downloadable content, PDF's, videos, or anything else you can imagine per product right on the product page. There is actually no limit to what can be done in this setup because it will be running on the operating system for the main site.

It will have other features like - add to compare, ask a question, and the ability to get into things like custom plug wires, cables, etc, just by choosing options for custom products.

How long will it be? The actual building of it on the main site should be done next week, adding products will take all of my free time until further notice lol. :tounge2 I'm hoping in 2 weeks or so it will be tested and open with the products from the old store and a good start on some new products. :thumb1

Once it was all working as it should I put a few items in it for a sneak peek pic. It's not the final look but you'll get the idea of where it's headed. :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Nov 2019 18:39 by Geno.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 Nov 2019 06:45 #15643 by nappypappy
Very nice and lots of info on item for sale...........:10 :woo :smile2 :cof3 :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
17 Nov 2019 08:54 #15644 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Working on the new WHS Store
Thanks Nappy. :thanks

Trying to make it as streamlined and easy to navigate as possible. :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!

More
20 Nov 2019 07:28 #15646 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic Working on the new WHS Store
Looking good :thumb1

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
20 Nov 2019 07:57 #15647 by Geno
Thanks GT. :thanks

I woke up this morning thanking the Lord at how quickly and easily this was going. It is a lot farther along now than I thought it would ever be after just a few days on the live site. :clap

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
21 Nov 2019 13:18 #15648 by Geno
I broke the link to the forum for a little while working on the store menu yesterday, sorry. :sorry

Spent this morning taking pics for the Categories. There will be no stock photos in the new store, everything will be actual parts and photos taken here. Now I can move on to adding parts again. :thumb1

Here are few sneek peeks.

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: GT 14

More
21 Nov 2019 20:43 #15650 by nappypappy
nice look ...clean......i like it......................:smile2 :woo :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
27 Nov 2019 09:06 #15654 by Geno
Store is coming along, it just takes a lot of time to take all the new pics and add all the info. I'm really happy with it all so far. :thumb1

Another sneek peek.

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
29 Nov 2019 18:05 - 29 Nov 2019 18:09 #15657 by Geno
I'm gonna go blind and crazy if I don't get away from this computer screen soon. :tounge2 :laughing

Anyway... Only 20 some products left to put in the new store from the old store. I also have about 6-8 new items in there, and a lot more new items to go. I think once I get all of the stuff in there from the old store and a few more new things I would be happy to check it all over, test it and open it up. I would like to get in the back and get the dash plates made up and bent so they can go in there next week. We'll see how it goes. :thumb1

Working on the bushings, clips, collars, springs section now. What is taking a lot of extra time is I actually have every part number as they changed that I can find for each part in the store now. It will make things easy to find in a search. :clap

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Nov 2019 18:09 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
03 Dec 2019 09:41 #15658 by Geno
An end to the marathon is in site. :whew It's been a lot more work than I thought but it's gonna be really nice and everything is so easy to find. Only 10 products left from the old store and a few more new ones. The it's on to finishing menus, setting up payment stuff, and proof reading it all. :thumb1 Anyone good at spelling and grammar that likes proof reading and checking things over and wants to help please let me know :thumb

I get a lot of calls from people all over about sending smaller things here to have fixed or restored like dash plates, rebuilding the old square light switches, fixing broken nipples on fuel tanks and such so there is a new section just for that. It's called a Mail in Restoration Service and should make a lot of people happy.

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.430 seconds