Our other Toys (boats)

More
07 Mar 2015 17:16 - 07 Mar 2015 17:56 #348 by FewMoreMiles

:pics2 Ok AJ WH Ranger...here are some boat photos. It was to replace our original 20' Bayliner bow rider with the 3.0L Mercruiser. Had no issues since we purchased it 10 years or so ago, but the kids grew up, and our parents, brothers, sisters in laws, chi hoo uh hoo uh (non yippy) all tend to tag along. We ended up with this one as a result.

2000 Monark Sunlounger 24.5' Deck Boat with 5.7L Magnum Mercruiser I/O
Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Mar 2015 17:56 by FewMoreMiles.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2015 15:58 #461 by AJ WH Ranger
That is a super nice boat! :drool

That looks like a beautiful lake. Which one is it?

I could spend days out there.

AJ
Bassin' and Horsin' around!

66 Lawn Ranger
68 Lawn Ranger
72 Charger 10 auto
74 C-100 8-Speed
81 C-101 Blackhood

More
08 Mar 2015 16:08 #464 by FewMoreMiles
Yeah, I think we lucked out in finding this boat just down the road from us, and we didn't have to pay a fortune for it. I think it has like 360 hours on it or something close in the vicinity. We have always had a boat, and always planned to, but not sure if this one, or the truck will stay around much longer. I have always tried to maintain things, and keep them covered off season and so forth. The truck and boat take up a lot of space, and aren't really used that much anymore. Both sons in college now and our daughter isn't old enough to care, so perhaps we may let things go this summer. Too many home projects and other things if you know what I mean.

The lake we are at in the photo is Cave Run Lake, in Morehead, Kentucky. This is Scotts Creek Boat Ramp. It's not a huge lake on weekends, but plenty of space for people to have a good time regardless. I have only seen about two or three incidences in 25 years there, and for the most part it is free of intoxicated boaters, and the lake is clean clean clean. No logs or debris for those who want to tube or ski.

More
08 Mar 2015 16:26 #468 by AJ WH Ranger
Man that sounds nice!

I was looking around for pictures of my boat I bought couple years ago but just cant find any good ones. Most of the pictures are of me holding fish in the boat.

I'm an avid bass angler so nothing that fancy for me. Here is the only picture I could find of my boat.

It's a 2014 Ranger RT178. It's really perfect for what I do and alot of the small lakes and stump filled rivers. I can get to places the fiberglass boats don't dare go. So that's my only advantage over them in the league.

AJ

66 Lawn Ranger
68 Lawn Ranger
72 Charger 10 auto
74 C-100 8-Speed
81 C-101 Blackhood
Attachments:

More
08 Mar 2015 16:29 - 08 Mar 2015 16:30 #469 by AJ WH Ranger
I will be sure to get some better pictures once I bring it out from its hibernation this winter. That time is coming in the very near future, :yay

I've got the itch already!

AJ

66 Lawn Ranger
68 Lawn Ranger
72 Charger 10 auto
74 C-100 8-Speed
81 C-101 Blackhood
Last edit: 08 Mar 2015 16:30 by AJ WH Ranger.

More
08 Mar 2015 16:38 - 08 Mar 2015 16:41 #471 by FewMoreMiles
That's a great looking boat as well. We don't have anyone who avidly fishes in the family, but plenty of folks who enjoy the water. There's a purpose for every vessel I guess. There are MANY times when I want my old 1993 model back, simply because it can fit in the attached garage, it's easier for my wife to maneuver alone, and so forth. We just wanted to have the ability to take family along while everyone is healthy and able to enjoy.

This photo is looking back toward the marina, and the campground there, which is called "Twin Knobs" No idea where they got the name. It's actually a part of the Daniel Boone National Forest and is federally maintained. There's good hunting around the area, muskee fishing is the cream of the crop apparently, and as I say, it's just a gorgeous body of water.
Attachments:
Last edit: 08 Mar 2015 16:41 by FewMoreMiles.

More
08 Mar 2015 16:54 - 08 Mar 2015 16:56 #473 by AJ WH Ranger
:agree that is very nice.

I take a trip every year to the U.P. and fish a lake up there on the Hiawatha Sportsman Club land. The fishing there is great and the land is gorgeous. Absolutely beautiful..

AJ

66 Lawn Ranger
68 Lawn Ranger
72 Charger 10 auto
74 C-100 8-Speed
81 C-101 Blackhood
Last edit: 08 Mar 2015 16:56 by AJ WH Ranger.

More
08 Mar 2015 17:21 #478 by FewMoreMiles
I have always wanted to come to Michigan or perhaps Watkins Glen area of NY to visit some lakes. We have a huge issue, and that is there are no rental properties, or cabins near water's edge and such. It's frustrating to really have no where to pull up to the shore for a bit and run inside, then come out and enjoy the remainder of the day.

Time to create page: 0.567 seconds