• Geno
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
26 Apr 2019 19:10 #15365 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic my restoration of a 1276
If you're gonna keep up the Horse habit I see a wilder door in your future lol. :yank

The pond looks awesome. :thumb1 I have a few small ones with waterfalls outside the shop as well, but if I didn't have a backhoe they wouldn't be there. :tounge2 :rolling Great minds lol...

Welcome to the Stables!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
26 Apr 2019 20:34 #15367 by Gene K
Replied by Gene K on topic my restoration of a 1276
great minds do think alike. was absolutely a fun ride. Have to get hood back on and some stickers and tires. when I get the whole pond system back on I will take a pic of whole thing. run the big pond all year there is goldfish in that one. that's y 7'deep no freezing.. oh gonna send that carving to ya . don't mind me when something comes to me and am pulled in that direction I never question just go with it. that is why did carving of wheel horse came to me and as soon as started it knew where it was going. From Pictures you have a nice big shop! mine is 2 rooms each at 10'x20'. I always say I've got 60 lbs of stuff in a 10 lb bag
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

More
28 Apr 2019 23:00 #15372 by Gene K
so after a few rides I discovered that it back fires and loads up when given throttle of more then about 1/3.,
since it was windy and cold out today and not so easy to get in and out of shop decided to wait til tomorrow to investigate.
troubleshooting says carburetor and or timing. any other suggestions for what to check?

More
28 Apr 2019 23:09 #15373 by Gene K

A picture of fan made up since it was missing
Attachments:

• Geno
    Super Users
More
29 Apr 2019 08:13 #15374 by Geno

Gene K wrote: so after a few rides I discovered that it back fires and loads up when given throttle of more then about 1/3.,
since it was windy and cold out today and not so easy to get in and out of shop decided to wait til tomorrow to investigate.
troubleshooting says carburetor and or timing. any other suggestions for what to check?

I would start with the ignition system, fuel can not cause a backfire no matter what people say, but incorrect, low spark, and when the spark occurs can cause loading up and is the main cause of backfiring. Where are the points set? Do the points snap back strong or is the spring on the points weak? Is the rod that goes in the block free?

Welcome to the Stables!

More
29 Apr 2019 12:09 #15375 by Gene K
Heading out to check out now will let you know how I make out

More
30 Apr 2019 06:30 #15385 by Gene K
Ok two places tell me something different, one tells me .025 gap for plug other tells me .035 so which is it?

this is the pipe sticking up for oil fill which after some searching found it actually was an option

Attachments:

• Geno
    Super Users
More
30 Apr 2019 08:33 #15386 by Geno
Spark plugs are .025, points are .018. The Kohler parts and service manuals have a lot of different configurations for a lot of different makes, each make is separated in the parts and service manuals. I have several very old Kohler books that I rely on and stick to the Wheel Horse section, and the actual Wheel Horse manuals. The pic you have says it's for a 1972 as well, not a 1966. In 1966 Wheel Horse had a shoulder type dipstick. :thumb

The pic below is from the Wheel Horse manual that covers the 1966 1076 and 1276. It shows the configuration.

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
30 Apr 2019 09:46 #15388 by Gene K
Thank you also what Is the valve clearance? have breather out figure might as well check

• Geno
    Super Users
More
30 Apr 2019 09:52 #15389 by Geno
Engine cold specs - Intake .008" - 010", Exhaust .017"-.019"

Welcome to the Stables!