• Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
31 Jul 2020 19:04 #16263 by Geno
New Bench Lathe was created by Geno
The new lathe came in today :woo so there's gonna be a big Wheel Horse red engine lathe cleaned up and for sale as soon as I can get to it. :whew

This thing is awesome, it's the HiTorque Deluxe Bench Lathe from Little Machine Shop. They have the best products with the most features hands down. It's a 8.5x20 and has digital readouts on the carriage, cross slide, compound rest, and tailstock; the first two feed data from magnetic scales via Bluetooth to the tablet display. Speed is variable from 100 to 2,000 RPM and has a digital readout for it. It also has auto-feed on the carriage and cross slide.

This machine is 120VAC, but the motor is the latest technology, a 12VDC brushless hi-torque motor. I bought the black Husky box for this lathe, it's nice that it's on it's own box with plenty of storage and I can move it around if need be or just to clean around it, and it can be plugged in anywhere in the shop. Parts are gonna be made a whole lot faster once the shop is all redone. :thumb1

All of the new tooling and old on the other lathe will all fit in the top drawer of the work bench, it will be quick and easy to find and it won't look all cluttered like the old lathe. Measuring equipment will have 1 drawer and the rest of the cabinet can be for projects being done, patterns for projects etc. Everything in 1 spot instead of all over, I can't wait. :happy1

For now it is covered up and I'm getting back to work on everything else, I'll get more pics of it later when it's in it's spot and done. :yes

Welcome to the Stables!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
02 Aug 2020 17:37 #16267 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic New Bench Lathe
Just out here piddling today, there's a stalk mount on the DRO now, makes it a lot easier to see and keeps the reflection from the ceiling lights out of the display. :thumb1

It will also keep me from knocking it off that little stand that came with it onto the floor. :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
04 Aug 2020 05:24 #16268 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic New Bench Lathe
:thumb1 :bliss :clap

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno