• Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
15 Aug 2024 16:30 #18414 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Harbor Freight Band Saw Mods
#10 - Test everything out.  If it all works well you can do the final polishing work and painting and that's it.  

Some pics of it finished.  It can now be adjusted from holding itself up, or making a lot more down pressure for much faster cuts.  It also adjusts much faster than it did due to the threads per inch decrease.

I just thought of something else for even faster adjustments when need be.     I'll put that in here later when it's done...  

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
15 Aug 2024 18:40 #18415 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Harbor Freight Band Saw Mods
OK, so I called Kevin, sent him a link to this post to look at, and told him my last idea...  He started laughing and then we were both laughing and saying it was overkill. 

Then I headed to the back to wash up and saw the handle sitting there on the saw... 

I said to myself "oh it wouldn't take long and be so cool". 

I took the handle off, pulled the rubber off, then cut the closed end off.  Then I got out a punch to round out the end so it could get a 5/16 flare nut put in it.  A light hammering to get the flare nut in, a little welding and clean up on the lathe and it was done.  It's sorta the same setup as the quick trailer jack setups I made a few weeks ago and uses the same 1/2" socket.  After a grade 8 washer and grade 9 bolt in the end it is now the fastest adjustment on the planet LOL. 

Don't tell me I'm crazy, I already know. 

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.527 seconds