What is a link?

More
24 Jan 2017 22:59 #13183 by 23 AUTOMATIC LSE
Tried to add a reply to one of my posts, and when I hit "Submit" a error came up,
Error
You have too many links in your message, please decrease them!

What is a link and how many links are allowed in a reply to a post?
Thanks, Mark.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
25 Jan 2017 08:47 #13184 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What is a link?
A link is something that points to somewhere else. If I wanted to tell people where the main page was here I would hit the link button (looks like a little chain) and insert the address of the site front page www.WheelHorseStables.com . It would then become a clicable link that would take you there. www.WheelHorseStables.com

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
    Super Users
More
25 Jan 2017 08:53 #13185 by Geno
The max link settings are set to 7 right now. Most things are limited to help prevent spam. :)

Welcome to the Stables!

More
27 Jan 2017 07:55 #13196 by 23 AUTOMATIC LSE
Replied by 23 AUTOMATIC LSE on topic What is a link?

Geno wrote: The max link settings are set to 7 right now. Most things are limited to help prevent spam. :)

It is apparent that an image that is dragged and dropped into a post as a reply is being included in what qualities as a link or either I am doing something incorrectly, because I have not ever clicked on the little"chain-link" icon but I am still only permitted to add up to 7 images in a reply. Is there a way to job lot more images into a reply? Thanks, Mark.

• Geno
    Super Users
More
27 Jan 2017 09:12 #13198 by Geno
I just checked and image limit is 25. I think I did that a long time ago when you started that post. I'll give it a try and see if it works. :)

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
    Super Users
More
27 Jan 2017 09:18 #13199 by Geno
Links and Images are separate. Links are set to 7, images to 25. I usually don't insert them in the post either, I would rather click one then use the light box that pops up to see the pics, or just click the one I want to see, but that's just personal preference. :)

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23 AUTOMATIC LSE

More
28 Jan 2017 08:04 #13206 by 23 AUTOMATIC LSE
Replied by 23 AUTOMATIC LSE on topic What is a link?

Geno wrote: Links and Images are separate. Links are set to 7, images to 25. I usually don't insert them in the post either, I would rather click one then use the light box that pops up to see the pics, or just click the one I want to see, but that's just personal preference. :)

Thanks Geno, it works! I just had to drag and drop the images, without inserting them into the body of the text.

Time to create page: 0.551 seconds