ONAN ID

More
03 May 2021 14:47 #16966 by nappypappy
ONAN ID was created by nappypappy
Well been using the 93 520 h and i notice its not charging the battery ,so i think it may need a voltage regulator...simple enough.......wrong cant make out anything on the id on the engine....so what should i do in that case?>( :wrain :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
03 May 2021 18:28 #16967 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic ONAN ID
Charging goes through the very problematic fuse block. Check the fuse and block first, then the 9 pin Molex connector between the battery and rear of engine next. That's where 90% of charging problems go back to.

Welcome to the Stables!

More
03 May 2021 19:18 #16968 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic ONAN ID

Geno wrote: Charging goes through the very problematic fuse block. Check the fuse and block first, then the 9 pin Molex connector between the battery and rear of engine next. That's where 90% of charging problems go back to.

ok will check that and at the Molex on the outside of it somebody spliced the red wire to a white wire.....:bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H

More
06 May 2021 16:32 #16970 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic ONAN ID

nappypappy wrote:

Geno wrote: Charging goes through the very problematic fuse block. Check the fuse and block first, then the 9 pin Molex connector between the battery and rear of engine next. That's where 90% of charging problems go back to.

ok will check that and at the Molex on the outside of it somebody spliced the red wire to a white wire.....:bacon0

Did look at the Molex and can tell why the wire is out side of it ...looks like there was a short since its got a little black in there.......so the splice makes sense or at least to me for now............:smile2 :smile2 :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H

• Geno
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
06 May 2021 18:31 #16971 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic ONAN ID
They get hot at the connection over time, the connector doesn't handle the amperage going through it and when the connection gets bad they heat up and cause what you're seeing. There are 2 connections that are most problematic at that connector, I can't remember the other wire colors though...

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

Time to create page: 0.258 seconds