my 520-H fuse block

More
15 Jul 2021 20:09 #17137 by nappypappy
I was looking at the fuse block for the 520-H in the store here and it dont look like what mine has on it........so maybe its been changed or just not the right one,heck i don't know...:bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
15 Jul 2021 20:33 #17139 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic my 520-H fuse block
It's been changed alright, what a mess but at least it has fuses. It's hard to tell from the pics but it looks like it's all running off of a single buss bar feed, if so that's why one of the pink wires are unhooked that runs the lights. Do the lights work now? If not hook up the other pink wire to the empty top fuse spade and they may come on, they just won't shut off lol. :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
    Super Users
More
15 Jul 2021 20:46 #17140 by Geno
I also see some pretty badly melted coating on some of the wires in the background, keep the battery unhooked on that thing unless you're using it so it doesn't catch on fire while you're not near it. I'm headed to bed, 4:30 comes early lol. :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!

More
15 Jul 2021 21:09 #17141 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic my 520-H fuse block

Geno wrote: It's been changed alright, what a mess but at least it has fuses. It's hard to tell from the pics but it looks like it's all running off of a single buss bar feed, if so that's why one of the pink wires are unhooked that runs the lights. Do the lights work now? If not hook up the other pink wire to the empty top fuse spade and they may come on, they just won't shut off lol. :tounge2

The lights do work and i do unhook the battery since the juice is always on even with the key removed......:cof3 :smile2 :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H

More
15 Jul 2021 21:11 #17142 by nappypappy

Geno wrote: I also see some pretty badly melted coating on some of the wires in the background, keep the battery unhooked on that thing unless you're using it so it doesn't catch on fire while you're not near it. I'm headed to bed, 4:30 comes early lol. :tounge2

4:30 thats way to early to get up..........................:2cents :smile2 :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H

• Geno
    Super Users
More
16 Jul 2021 07:41 #17143 by Geno
It's a good time because no one else is up, I get a lot of nice quiet time every morning and it sets the tone for the entire day. :smile2

As far as the fuse block goes it's hard telling what they've done and where they've done it without seeing it, the melted wiring may be a story all it's own as well. It's not something fixable the right way by forum, messaging or phone. :doh Electrical problems (among other things) are one of the joys of owning a 520 or any Wheel Horse with an Onan in it... :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!

More
16 Jul 2021 08:02 #17144 by nappypappy

Geno wrote: It's a good time because no one else is up, I get a lot of nice quiet time every morning and it sets the tone for the entire day. :smile2

As far as the fuse block goes it's hard telling what they've done and where they've done it without seeing it, the melted wiring may be a story all it's own as well. It's not something fixable the right way by forum, messaging or phone. :doh Electrical problems (among other things) are one of the joys of owning a 520 or any Wheel Horse with an Onan in it... :tounge2

yeah i know i need to bring it to you so you can do your magic on the wiring but that may be later on down the road for people on fixed incomes like me....but for now i hook up the battery and it runs and with the new voltage regulator the battery even charges.........:woo :smile2 :cof3 :hungry :thanks :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
    Super Users
More
16 Jul 2021 09:57 #17145 by Geno
It would be awhile before I could get it in the shop too, sounds like your making progress though. :thumb

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

Time to create page: 0.489 seconds