Does Stables store sell entire wiring system?

More
05 Mar 2021 15:45 #16810 by CortlandBill
Gene; do you sell the entire wiring system for the various Horse models -- as a package you have pre - prepared ?????? or that you can prepare all the necessary components a customer would need? The site says you do entire rewiring of a horse so I was thinking..... do you have entire set of components accumulated ...Rather than a customer prepare list of all separate pieces can you prepare a package of everything needed ? 312-8 ---- 1989 year ? thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
05 Mar 2021 17:35 #16811 by Geno
Hi Bill. I get this question a lot. We stock all of the connectors, housings, terminals, etc but have only built them for tractors that are here when someone needs one. It's easy to do when the tractor is here, but a lot harder to duplicate to sell, or find the time to do it, so we never did them to sell. The connectors are another thing, we use the factory connectors that take special crimpers to do the same job as the factory and a lot of people don't have those tools. The crimping of the wire is done on the wire and coating at the same time with a 2 size crimping die. (I'll put a pic of the crimp below.)

We have some pigtails already made up in the store and some not. I can make up any pigtail that we have parts for here like the singles or male side of the Kohler engine if someone needs one but there's not enough demand to make a lot of them and keep them in the store so I never did. We can also do custom setups from scratch but they are built in the tractor and something else that we really don't do to ship, just here in the shop. They start out as what someone would call a real mess lol. There are some examples of the process in other pics below.

Anything can be done here from stock to over the top as you can see, but I need the tractor here in the shop, how far away are you?

Welcome to the Stables!

More
06 Mar 2021 00:28 #16812 by CortlandBill
thanks -- that gives me a wonderful understanding of my question to you about ordering a wiring system from the Stables --- Its Bill - from Upstate NY - we've spoken by phone twice a few weeks ago about me hoping to bring my WH to you for a restore - the entire covid situation has caused many disruptions as you know to people trying to plan much of anything. Originally, my hope was for my wife and I to drive to you, bringing the horse, and then tour the area for vacation while you did the restore - Sadly, the concept of being a vacation tourist in public settings isn't fully viable yet thanks to covid -- then I looked for options like just me driving my truck and the WH to you and leave my horse and truck there -- fly home, then fly return when you were done with restore and drive my truck and the horse back. Unfortunately, the entire covid uncertainty of the timing and how to make it work has made me consider other options..... so that's why I asked about obtaining the wiring system from you as part of an alternative with me doing a lot of rehab to my tractor myself if its not practical to get my horse to you. The weather seasons are changing with spring hopefully around the corner as is the covid situation changing -- so I am just trying to determine best path ahead to get another many years from my 1989 -- 312-8. Thanks for all you are doing to keep the herd alive and well. I am hopeful I will come up with workable plan in coming weeks . Stay well

More
23 Mar 2021 10:07 #16851 by Kurt-NEPA
You sure do nice wiring Gene!

1988 520H
1995 520H
1998 520xi
2000 522xi
1950 Ford 8N
1955 Ford 660
Single Stage Blower
2-Two Stage Blowers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

More
23 Mar 2021 11:26 #16852 by nappypappy

Kurt-NEPA wrote: You sure do nice wiring Gene!

I second that motion.........:woo :10 :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

• Geno
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
23 Mar 2021 15:03 #16853 by Geno
OCD demands nothing less. :rolling3

Most of that is pretty easy, just time consuming. The tiny connectors like in the pics for the LED strobes, halos and projector headlamps below are what drives me bonkers... :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!

More
25 Mar 2021 21:48 #16866 by CortlandBill
certainly beyond my skill --- too tedious - patience for that detail work is a gift

Time to create page: 0.502 seconds