• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
03 Dec 2015 09:07 #9414 by Geno
Duke asked a question in the shoutbox that I thought I would address here. :)

No one will be able to upload to the file section here, it is done through the main operating system for the entire site. That is the reason is can be made so customized, easy to use, fast, and have other cool features like remembering your downloads so you can access them with 1 click if you misplace them. Unlike other places (forums only) this is a full featured website with a forum attached to it. We did things this way because of it's endless possibilities, the Featured Section, Links Sections, and Downloads Section, is just the beginning of many other things coming.

All forum software has no access to the actual operating system, and the operating systems backend, (the actual code). Forum software is usually hosted on someone elses site and they just pay "rent" for just a forum which is why they are so limited. That is not the case here. Everything done here minus the basic forum software, is done through the operating system like the one on your computer, so you can see how dangerous it would be to allow uploading to it.

The new Downloads Section is a huge undertaking and it's not just about manuals, it's about information and downloading of all types of information. When you search for a tractor or implement, everything will be there right with it in one place. There will be the manual, picture gallery, details about differences of that particular tractor, how to quickly id it, links to how to's and videos, and some other cool things all in one place for each one. It will all be available for download, or can easily be looked at right on your monitor saving even more time.

I will try to get one tractor completed first so you can all see what it will eventually be when finished, and ask you guys for what could make it the best it can be before doing them all. We will also need a lot of help to get this done right! :)

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bipolar

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2015 09:35 #9435 by nappypappy
Man o man you a busy person...............:smile2 :cool :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.632 seconds