New Site upgrade and phones

More
11 Jun 2015 15:01 #5702 by AJ WH Ranger
For those of our members using their smartphones for the forum, as far as I can tell based on live testing and a few development programs there should be no issues with reply's or emoticons. It should be fully functional and scale beautifully to your device.

Those that do use their phones you may have run into one issue. That would be the pagination at the bottom or top of the thread. example: If the thread is multiple pages long you may notice there is no way to advance to the next page. On a computer and even a tablet you would typically see this set of buttons to advance or even skip to the last page:

Geno and I currently looking into the issue :computer . However, there is a way to pull the pagination up. Simply rotate your phone to the landscape position and the pagination will show up. Allowing you to select what page of the thread you wish to view.
So on the bright side, it is there, but it just a formatting issue while the phone is in the portrait position.

Hope this helps some of you out there. :happy1

AJ
Bassin' and Horsin' around!

66 Lawn Ranger
68 Lawn Ranger
72 Charger 10 auto
74 C-100 8-Speed
81 C-101 Blackhood
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2015 15:05 #5703 by AJ WH Ranger
If there are any other issues you all come across using your phone or tablet please let me know here in this thread. :thanks

AJ

66 Lawn Ranger
68 Lawn Ranger
72 Charger 10 auto
74 C-100 8-Speed
81 C-101 Blackhood
The following user(s) said Thank You: Trouty56

More
12 Jun 2015 05:05 #5716 by Trouty56
Any chances of installing the Tapatalk plugin??? Just for a test???

Bob T
Adams County Pennsyltucky

"One, that's easy to remember. It's the first number in the alphabet...." - Barney Fife

More
12 Jun 2015 05:11 #5717 by Trouty56
Not that there is anything wrong with the smartphone look....looks pretty good....Smiley's are a pain but I don't use them too often....

Bob T

"One, that's easy to remember. It's the first number in the alphabet...." - Barney Fife

More
12 Jun 2015 07:59 #5722 by AJ WH Ranger

Trouty56 wrote: Any chances of installing the Tapatalk plugin??? Just for a test???

Its something that can be looked into and it also a great way to advertise the site. I will talk with Geno about it. :goodpost

AJ

66 Lawn Ranger
68 Lawn Ranger
72 Charger 10 auto
74 C-100 8-Speed
81 C-101 Blackhood

• Geno
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
12 Jun 2015 08:13 #5725 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic New Site upgrade and phones
The Tapatalk won't work with this software. With the new responsive layouts coming like this one that work on anything the developers say Tapatalk is no longer needed.

We do need to do something with the smiley button though, and whatever else is not working right with the phones. :)

Welcome to the Stables!

More
12 Jun 2015 08:23 #5726 by Trouty56
Things work pretty good on a phone....logging in seem to be a pain.....logs me out very quickly.....sometimes I just say the heck with it...
That is the beauty of Tapatalk.....logs you in....shows only the topics....recent or whatever.....1 tap you are in.....

Bob T

• Geno
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
12 Jun 2015 08:51 #5729 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic New Site upgrade and phones
Just installed an update that may have helped some things.

Welcome to the Stables!

More
12 Jun 2015 14:53 #5736 by AJ WH Ranger
Ok this has come up several times when trying to post with smartphones. There is no way to use emoticons when in the reply.

I was able to reply with emoticons by long pressing (pressing for a second or two) the then the actual dropdown box would stay like this

Then the emoticon page will popup. Once again, in order to select the emoticons from the popup you will need to rotate your phone to the landscape position.

I know the process seems a bit cumbersome at the moment but until i fix the actual button in the backend code this process should do the trick.

AJ

66 Lawn Ranger
68 Lawn Ranger
72 Charger 10 auto
74 C-100 8-Speed
81 C-101 Blackhood
Attachments:

More
12 Jun 2015 14:55 #5738 by AJ WH Ranger
Oh and sorry for the long delay for any real update on this. I had a couple deadlines that I had to meet today at work :angry2 :angry2

AJ

66 Lawn Ranger
68 Lawn Ranger
72 Charger 10 auto
74 C-100 8-Speed
81 C-101 Blackhood

Time to create page: 0.256 seconds