• Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
14 May 2024 16:18 #18368 by Geno
Server Move on May 17 was created by Geno
We will be moving to a new state of the art server on May 17.  There may be a some downtime so I included the email I got from my hosting peeps below.  As stated below it will happen sometime within a 24 hour period on May 17.  "All moves will take place during the 24 hour window of the scheduled move day to ensure minimal disruption to your service. You can expect between 2-4 hours of downtime for us to complete this work, though we expect actual downtime will be less for most customers."

Now you know as much as I do. 

Dear Gene,

This is in regards to your server, ecngx303. Please take a moment to read through this email in its entirety. This is not a solicitation or sales email.

Your server, ecngx303 is scheduled to be moved in 3 days to our new state-of-the-art data center facility in the downtown Ashburn, VA area, approximately 0.5 miles away from our current facility.

Upon completion of the move, your server will enjoy enhanced benefits such as faster uplink speeds upstream, advanced network switches, newer PDUs, superior reliability, and other world-class improvements.

On May 17th, your server will be securely relocated by a member of our data center operations team. Our personnel will stay with your server during the transition to the new facility until server connectivity is fully restored.

You will receive another notification the day before your server is scheduled to be moved. All moves will take place during the 24 hour window of the scheduled move day to ensure minimal disruption to your service. You can expect between 2-4 hours of downtime for us to complete this work, though we expect actual downtime will be less for most customers. You may review additional information and periodic updates regarding the move by navigating to the East Coast Data Center Moving To State-Of-The-Art Facility.

Due to the logistics involved with transporting these servers, we are not able to honor requests for specific move dates or timing. If you have any further questions about the move, please contact us by simply replying to this email with your inquiry.

Please note, during your server migration any emails that are undeliverable will be retried and delivered once the server comes back online. In addition, our network operations team will ensure there will be no changes needed to any IP addresses or networking configurations.

Thank you for your time and patience during this migration process. We believe that once completed, these significant upgrades will greatly enhance your hosting experience.

InMotion Hosting Systems Administration

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
16 May 2024 11:37 #18369 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Server Move on May 17
I just got another email, now it says May 23rd.   I wish they would make up their minds. 

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
17 May 2024 08:51 - 17 May 2024 09:58 #18371 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Server Move on May 17
I got another email this morning saying "**Please ignore the previous 7 day notification**". 

I guess it was a mistake, the server will still be moved May 17, which is today. 

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 17 May 2024 09:58 by Geno.

Time to create page: 0.736 seconds