• Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
08 Dec 2022 19:56 - 09 Dec 2022 09:45 #17880 by Geno
Clearing Browser Cache was created by Geno
If some of you got caught up in the big mess for around 45 mins tonight and can't see things like they were it is a problem in your browsers cache.  I cleared the website cache here but your browser may hold on to it causing you to see who knows what.  This could be for who knows how long, it all depends on the settings in each persons browser settings.

This post should show up on most browsers even though things were messy for awhile, the shoutbox may not.  That is why I made this post.

I have cleared the site cache after every experiment to keep up with my testing as I went so I could copy the error codes from each test to a file I had open to look at later.  On a simple reload of the pages my browser reacted instantly, but I have my browser security settings set up that way to not hold any cache.  After it was all done, all is back as it was before this started on my browser, so the site is working fine.  I use Mozilla Firefox and the control + f5 method or a simple page reload works instantly.

Some ways to clear your browser cache -

* On your keyboard - press and hold the control key (ctrl), while holding it down press the F5 key with it then release them both.  In most situations the page will reload with the latest configuration.  (on most but not all this will work)

*If it doesn't work try shutting down the browser, then starting it back up. (depending on your browser settings, this may or may not work either)

If those solutions do not work here is a search you can look at or modify the search to fit your particular browser or phone.  Click the link -   How to Clear Cache

Thanks for putting up with my experimenting lol

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 09 Dec 2022 09:45 by Geno.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.349 seconds