• Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
07 May 2019 17:23 #15421 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Project Clydesdale
Thanks Nappy :thanks

All of the strobes are fitted to the fenders. The stamp on the rear fender pan is different on each side. These lights are wider and to get them centered the right side mounting outer hole has to go over left and up a little. The left side is perfect. All 3 were that way and some others I checked so someone didn't get the stamp die just right lol. :tounge2 I have a few extra holes on the front fenders to fill that someone made at some point. I wish people wouldn't do that... :doh I have them recessed and ready to fill, just need to get the brass and braising tip out. :thumb1

The wiring is already at each fender and wired to the switches. I think all that's left in the wiring is putting disconnects on the strobes, halos and projectors.

Welcome to the Stables!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
07 May 2019 20:03 #15423 by Kurt-NEPA
Replied by Kurt-NEPA on topic Project Clydesdale
Looking good Gene, but that hole shooter is getting a little long in the tooth.

1988 520H
1995 520H
1998 520xi
2000 522xi
1950 Ford 8N
1955 Ford 660
Single Stage Blower
2-Two Stage Blowers

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
08 May 2019 19:14 - 08 May 2019 19:25 #15428 by Geno
What's wrong with that Kurt lol. :rolling

I've been playing with wiring connectors, belt sizes, tensioners, stacks, all kinds of stuff today. I trimmed the header wrap off of the mufflers and they look better but I'm still going to drop the stainless stack notch around the muffler about 1 more inch tomorrow. I have a belt coming in the morning I think will fit, and a decent possible tension design for the front trans. I only did 2 of the strobe connectors, I may finish the other 4 tomorrow if I don't go blind first, 20 ga is hard to work with and get just right on the connector pins. :whew

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 08 May 2019 19:25 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
08 May 2019 19:23 #15429 by Geno
I think my helper got more done than I did and I caused 1 problem that slowed him down. I grabbed 4 520 wheels and 4 Wheel Horse weights for him to blast and when the first 2 weights were done we noticed they had round recessed holes in the weights, I wanted to use the square hole with a carriage bolt, oops. :doh So they will be going on something else and I got out another set with square holes so they all match.

The wheels are all blasted, the hood is done, and 2 of the correct weights are in the blaster and almost done. I ordered tires today and they will be here in the morning. :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
08 May 2019 19:41 #15430 by Kurt-NEPA
Replied by Kurt-NEPA on topic Project Clydesdale

Geno wrote: What's wrong with that Kurt lol. :rolling

Not a thing wrong with that Gene, I have a lot of tools much older than that. As long as it gets the job done, I'm happy.

1988 520H
1995 520H
1998 520xi
2000 522xi
1950 Ford 8N
1955 Ford 660
Single Stage Blower
2-Two Stage Blowers

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
08 May 2019 21:11 - 08 May 2019 21:14 #15431 by Geno
I think I've had it about 30 years, maybe more lol. It's almost time for it's 1st cord plug end though and I changed it to a key less chuck many many years ago when they started getting popular lol. It has worked hard over the years, good old Made in USA. :yes

My lathe turned 101 this year. I got it dated from the Practical Machinist forum when I first bought it years ago, I'm sure you prob know of them. :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 08 May 2019 21:14 by Geno.

More
09 May 2019 15:43 #15432 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic Project Clydesdale
Getting close to the drive train sett-up. You could always leave it in 2WD for awhile.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
09 May 2019 17:36 - 09 May 2019 17:53 #15433 by Geno
I thought of that GT but I think things will speed up a lot here shortly, a lot of the tedious, time consuming jobs are what I've been working on here lately. I ran to the welding shop early this morning and picked up a few pulleys to play with, 1 is a little bigger and the other is about the same distance shorter, a 5" and a 5 1/2". The original is 5 1/4 of course, a non standard size... :doh I need a double on the front trans, 1 for the engine and 1 to run to the rear.

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 May 2019 17:53 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
09 May 2019 17:47 - 09 May 2019 17:49 #15434 by Geno
I used the nicer wheel paint that is an option for customers but they usually don't want to spend the extra $25.00... I thought I would get the tires mounted and on today but ran out of wheel paint with 1 left. >(  :hemademe :hemademe1 :hemademe2 :rolling3

Tires are in, weights are blasted, halos and projectors are mounted in the adapter plates, and more tiny connector ends are on, and a few other odds and ends are wrapped up. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 09 May 2019 17:49 by Geno.

More
09 May 2019 20:40 #15435 by Bullfrog1
Replied by Bullfrog1 on topic Project Clydesdale
Wow! It’s turning out amazing Geno!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

Time to create page: 0.424 seconds