• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
04 May 2015 08:04 #4047 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What are you up to?
Great pics Jeff, can't see enough pics of your little one, she always makes us smile. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
04 May 2015 12:33 #4051 by AJ WH Ranger
Replied by AJ WH Ranger on topic What are you up to?
Believe it or not, I mowed my lawn for the very first time with a Wheel Horse.

It has been frustrating to know that I have seven Horses and not a one of em would spin a blade! So this weekend I was bound and determined to get one of the seven setup to mow the lawn!

Success! I mowed the lawn with my 1968 Lawn Ranger. :sorry but I have no pics. It wasn't pretty either because I mowed the entire lawn (not very big at all, I live in the city) without the hood. :rolling Reason being, the 68 doesn't have the original engine, so there was no kill switch. So in order to shut the engine off I had to ground out the spark plug. Yes I know, I shouldn't live in the city, I should be somewhere in the sticks where I belong. :tease1
However since then, I did install a kill switch so now I can put the hood back on it. :rolling3

AJ
Bassin' and Horsin' around!

66 Lawn Ranger
68 Lawn Ranger
72 Charger 10 auto
74 C-100 8-Speed
81 C-101 Blackhood

More
04 May 2015 13:18 #4052 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic What are you up to?

AJ WH Ranger wrote: Believe it or not, I mowed my lawn for the very first time with a Wheel Horse.

It has been frustrating to know that I have seven Horses and not a one of em would spin a blade! So this weekend I was bound and determined to get one of the seven setup to mow the lawn!

Success! I mowed the lawn with my 1968 Lawn Ranger. :sorry but I have no pics. It wasn't pretty either because I mowed the entire lawn (not very big at all, I live in the city) without the hood. :rolling Reason being, the 68 doesn't have the original engine, so there was no kill switch. So in order to shut the engine off I had to ground out the spark plug. Yes I know, I shouldn't live in the city, I should be somewhere in the sticks where I belong. :tease1
However since then, I did install a kill switch so now I can put the hood back on it. :rolling3

Hey don't feel like the lone ranger or is that lawn ranger...well anyway I also live in the city but when I got my 85 I was living on 8 acres and after the kids moved out we sold out and scaled down.....my 85 is now over kill here and I only cut a few back yards with it now... so don't feel bad. :smile2

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
04 May 2015 14:05 #4054 by Geno
Congratulations AJ on your first time Horse mowing. I bet it felt good. :goodjob

Welcome to the Stables!

More
04 May 2015 14:33 #4057 by AJ WH Ranger
Replied by AJ WH Ranger on topic What are you up to?

Geno wrote: Congratulations AJ on your first time Horse mowing. I bet it felt good. :goodjob

A kid in a candy shop best describes my emotions that day. :guns1 :yay :guns1 :bliss

AJ
Bassin' and Horsin' around!

66 Lawn Ranger
68 Lawn Ranger
72 Charger 10 auto
74 C-100 8-Speed
81 C-101 Blackhood

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
04 May 2015 14:37 #4058 by Geno
Would love to have a pic of that big smile riding on the tractor. You're gonna have to get a camera helper. B)

Welcome to the Stables!

More
04 May 2015 16:01 #4059 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic What are you up to?
:pics1 Now that your under hood snap us a pic. Better yet a video!

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

More
04 May 2015 16:13 #4062 by M Bailey
Replied by M Bailey on topic What are you up to?

FewMoreMiles wrote: Not much yard work this weekend, but plenty this past Friday. Due to my schedule and all the rain, I ended up raking a huge amount of grass in the front yard. Never fear as my 14 month old is a Wheel Horse nut, and literally cries if she doesn't get a little seat time each day. I am hoping she will be one of those kids who would much rather be outside every possible chance, and if she keeps it up...that is a real possibility. My two sons are 20 and 18 now, and are wonderful with this little one. It's so awesome having a little sidekick :thumb I'll try to dig up some photos of other happenings around the neighborhood...always fun to share photos. PS the one of my wife and Kayanne was as we were leaving Louisville this afternoon. Family fun at a popular restaurant for the majority of the day. Hope everyone's weekend went very well.

That's a fine looking crew Jeff. That little cutie looks like she owns that Horse! Great post.

Major

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx

More
04 May 2015 16:17 #4063 by M Bailey
Replied by M Bailey on topic What are you up to?

AJ WH Ranger wrote: Believe it or not, I mowed my lawn for the very first time with a Wheel Horse.

AJ you have performed a seemingly insurmountable feat by actually getting a techy to perform its intended duty! I say this tongue-in-cheek of course. Great that you have achieved this milestone! It's all down hill from here.

Major

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx

More
04 May 2015 23:29 #4080 by FewMoreMiles
Replied by FewMoreMiles on topic What are you up to?
Thanks everyone for your comments on the kiddo :thumb1 I have three awesome children, two of which are grown and one who is "wearing the pants" around here. She and I spend a lot of time on the ATV, three of the Wheel Horse tractors, and of course the go karts. I have always been a kid at heart, and likely I will be forever. My parents are in their 70's, and this past weekend had them, myself, wife and kids, their girlfriends, my brother and sister in law and half the neighborhood all out riding around on whatever was fueled by gasoline and had rubber tires. LOL we're a mess out here. The home I purchased when I moved back to Lexington from Louisville is in the neighborhood where I grew up...really neat that most of the original homeowners are still here, and so blessed to have my folks right here and down the street. Doesn't work for everyone, but we are all very close. Thanks for opening up this post, Geno...nice to have a quick look into what all is going on around us from time to time. I'm likely to have lunch with my wife on Wednesday, and then I may end up heading to your exit to pick up some modulators and encoders for my uplink truck (loaned them to my boss for some 4G testing in Chicago) so I'll give you a call if so. Take care everyone!

Time to create page: 0.516 seconds