Tractor terminals and housings are here!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
13 Oct 2015 16:06 #8735 by Geno
Tractor terminals and housings came in today! They will show up in the WHS Store in the new Electrical Section there sometime by this weekend. :thumb1

Here's a few of what came in today, we have lots of them. They are all the same as the original Wheel Horse parts minus the double reinforcement on the rear of the 5 way, and also all Made in USA. :woo

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23 AUTOMATIC LSE

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 Oct 2015 16:28 #8736 by FewMoreMiles
Very nice...hey do you still sell the bearing caps or is that from another vendor? Thanks! (Need for a 416 and my RJ)

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
13 Oct 2015 16:36 #8738 by Geno
We have thousands of bearing caps here. We have the plain black 350 degree vinyl ones. Were you looking for those or the fancy ones with the Horse head logo in them? :)

Welcome to the Stables!

More
13 Oct 2015 19:49 #8740 by FewMoreMiles
Just looking for a standard black cap to keep the grease from getting on my tractor cover for the RJ, and the same for the 416. I took the chrome caps off, and one is cracked. Those were the hard plastic ones. Thanks!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
14 Oct 2015 07:59 #8744 by Geno
The plain black is what we have, we went to vinyl instead of hard plastic because they won't crack like harder plastics, and they seal better. They are also rated to 350 degrees so if you have bearing troubles and the wheel gets hot they won't melt. :)

Here's a pic of them, they have a lot of dust on them from the waiting area tile work we've been doing.

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
14 Oct 2015 09:37 #8745 by FewMoreMiles
Agreed on the vinyl. I've always run those rubber caps on my utility and boat trailers. Makes sense to do the same on something like a tractor, and I'm sure they will last much much longer.

More
14 Oct 2015 11:19 - 14 Oct 2015 11:25 #8753 by GlenPettit
I believe all the RJ's, up to '63 use a 15/8 " (1.62") front wheel hub cap,
and because their Zerk grease fitting is on the outside of the wheel, we need to cut out a notch for it,
or use a shallow 1" deep hub cap. Since '63, most of the WH wheels use a 1.5" ID Hub Cap, (except for
some of the larger WH's: 1054, C-195, GT's & 500's, +).
Glen
Last edit: 14 Oct 2015 11:25 by GlenPettit.

More
14 Oct 2015 19:59 #8764 by Bert
My plans of building a wiring system from scratch just got a bit easier :drinks

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
14 Oct 2015 20:10 #8765 by Geno
Is there anything missing except the basic off the shelf terminals Bert? If there is I'll look into it. :)

Welcome to the Stables!

More
14 Oct 2015 20:39 #8767 by Bert

Geno wrote: Is there anything missing except the basic off the shelf terminals Bert? If there is I'll look into it. :)

:thanks Its got what I believe is a 10 amp charging coil and thats all. Its a HH100 from an early 70's sears so I may have to change the plug thats hanging out behind the flywheel.Gunna need key switch regulator and gauge. I think if I copy a raider 10 setup it will work.:)

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds