Working on the '66

More
05 Apr 2015 08:41 #2662 by AJ WH Ranger
Yesterday I/we (my daughter) pulled the herd out. She claimed the 66 Lawn Ranger as soon as I brought it home last year.

We decided it would be the tractor to mow the yard with this year. So we got to work. Or as you can see, she got to work.

AJ
Bassin' and Horsin' around!

66 Lawn Ranger
68 Lawn Ranger
72 Charger 10 auto
74 C-100 8-Speed
81 C-101 Blackhood
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2015 08:48 - 05 Apr 2015 08:51 #2663 by AJ WH Ranger
Replied by AJ WH Ranger on topic Working on the '66
She started off by pulling the deck off so we could sharpen the blades and clean it up. She decided she liked the current beat up/weathered look so no paint on this one yet. Until she changes her mind, which if I ask her this morning it will be something different. :rolling

She got the deck off as well as the blades. I will take them to work tomorrow to get them sharpened and balanced for some smooth harmonics when mowing, :hi5

Then she started on cleaning the bottom of the deck out. It had probably 50 years worth of old grass and mud under it. She did a very good job of chipping that stuff away.

Now the next step is to get the ole' Techy running. :angry2

Will update when we have some more progress.

AJ

66 Lawn Ranger
68 Lawn Ranger
72 Charger 10 auto
74 C-100 8-Speed
81 C-101 Blackhood
Last edit: 05 Apr 2015 08:51 by AJ WH Ranger.

• Geno
  • Administrator Supporter
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
05 Apr 2015 09:04 #2664 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Working on the '66
That is so cool AJ! :woo

Taking a deck of a Lawn Ranger is not one of the easier tasks. She's a real trooper. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!

More
05 Apr 2015 09:08 #2666 by Sandra
Replied by Sandra on topic Working on the '66
:yay

Awesome! Looks like you got yourself a little helper.

Sometimes we change our minds like we do our nail polish. :rolling It's in our nature.

More
05 Apr 2015 09:14 #2667 by AJ WH Ranger

Sandra wrote: :yay

Awesome! Looks like you got yourself a little helper.

Sometimes we change our minds like we do our nail polish. :rolling It's in our nature.

Your preaching to the choir here... :rolling

AJ

66 Lawn Ranger
68 Lawn Ranger
72 Charger 10 auto
74 C-100 8-Speed
81 C-101 Blackhood

More
05 Apr 2015 11:27 #2687 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic Working on the '66
:agree
:rolling4

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

More
05 Apr 2015 12:54 #2689 by FewMoreMiles
Replied by FewMoreMiles on topic Working on the '66
:dance2 Looks like you guys had a great time, and it is time that will hopefully mean a great deal to her as well. I was just talking with one of my operations guys about his daughter yesterday...she is now 16. He said that she is acting out and not interested in doing anything with family, and she never "helps out with anything at home." I asked him if she had any household chores growing up, and if he took her outside to share in any of his personal interests while she was little, and his words were "No...my wife and I never asked her to do anything for us, and I'm never home to do anything with her." What you are creating are memories, and life skills that will serve this young lady forever. So happy to see this AJ! Look forward to being able to do this with my two sons and little squirt (daughter is only one) Awesome pics...thanks for sharing!

More
05 Apr 2015 19:36 #2699 by Trouty56
Replied by Trouty56 on topic Working on the '66
Havin' fun.....you have a long time till she hits "the crazy years"......she will have a good memories of this time you spend with her. Might not seem like it at one point.....but she will......lol....hey....maybe your daughter will handle the hormones better....my 2 went crazy.....haha....it's all good now....they love their old man.....

Bob T
Adams County Pennsyltucky

"One, that's easy to remember. It's the first number in the alphabet...." - Barney Fife

More
06 Apr 2015 10:30 - 06 Apr 2015 10:34 #2724 by AJ WH Ranger
Thanks everyone for the kind comments.
We enjoy the time together.

For an update.
The blades have followed me here to work for the tool room to sharpen and balance. When we were taking the blades off, it appeared that there was a bearing that had blown out. The manual I have doesn't have a parts breakdown for the deck so I will need a couple bearings once I find out which ones they are. The deck I believe is an RM-115 32". If anyone knows off the top of their heads, that would be amazing.

Easter Morning we were able to get the ole Techy running. :happy1 So now to tune up the carb, will need help there: www.wheelhorsestables.com/index.php/foru...-tuning-a-techy-carb

AJ

66 Lawn Ranger
68 Lawn Ranger
72 Charger 10 auto
74 C-100 8-Speed
81 C-101 Blackhood
Last edit: 06 Apr 2015 10:34 by AJ WH Ranger.

More
06 Apr 2015 17:12 #2729 by M Bailey
Replied by M Bailey on topic Working on the '66
AJ that's a fine helper you've got there. I'm sure you're proud of her. Wish more young'uns would take an interest. :thumb1

Major

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx

Time to create page: 0.349 seconds