• Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
08 Jul 2021 19:17 #17122 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Jim's Air Horse
Looking pretty good now and everything is finally hooked up right. Dad and I spent most of the afternoon lining things up and switching hoses around, making big messes in-between that had to get cleaned up to check for leaks and get everything going in the right direction. :whew

I had the cylinders set up last night minus the tweaking after install (1st pic), then today when UPS dropped of the pivot bearing we went to work. We got it all together and used a straight edge from the pivot top to the top of the axle to get as much kink as we could out of the steering cylinder center lines and still have clearance on the plates. It took quite awhile to get it bled and 6 qts of fluid then it all started working, only problem was the steering was backwards and so was the lift. :doh Changing the mains at the hydro fixed the lift, then the lines at the new cylinders had to be changed to change the steering. The there were 2 huge messes to clean up to check for leaks again. I'm wore out and so is dad lol. :laughing

I've been running it at half throttle for about a half hour and moving things around, so far all looks good. I'll see what leaks overnight then run it again some in the morning. If all looks good on the tug side I can put the top plate on tomorrow, get the bolts in the way they belong, and get it off the jacks. They are just dropped in the holes for now to check everything out. Not really hard work but very very time consuming indeed.

Also, if you've never seen a $510 piece of brass now you have, 2nd pic. :surprised

Welcome to the Stables!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2021 08:27 #17123 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic Jim's Air Horse
Another success story for the books. :10

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
09 Jul 2021 20:03 #17124 by Geno
Thanks GT. :thanks

I just got out of the shop, had some unexpected visitors this afternoon but it's all done, will get some pics up tomorrow in the morning if it's quiet or sometime when things calm down. 3 peeps coming in the morning including Jim to pick this one up so it may be a bit of a wild day lol. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
10 Jul 2021 10:51 #17125 by Geno
Jim will be here in about 10 mins so I'm trying to sneak this up before he gets here. This post is the finished tower belt setup and mounting the seats.

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
10 Jul 2021 10:53 #17126 by Geno
This post is making a new console cover. The old one is prob at the last mechanics place somewhere along with some other things lol. :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
10 Jul 2021 10:56 - 10 Jul 2021 10:56 #17127 by Geno
And last but not least here are some pics of it outside, I was out cruising around on it this morning and running it for another 30 mins to check for leaks again. It's all operational and ready to pull some planes around. :10

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 10 Jul 2021 10:56 by Geno.

More
10 Jul 2021 16:07 #17128 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic Jim's Air Horse
I am sure you will have a happy customer. :bliss :dance :dance3

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno