• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
29 Jan 2016 17:04 #10270 by Geno
We made a trade yesterday. The 5K pound Caterpillar was nice but way too big for us. I had to lower the pallet racks in the shop and if someone wasn't paying attention that thing could do some real damage before you knew it. I just knew eventually something was gonna get run into. Hence the trade.

The local welding shop needed something bigger and I needed something smaller with a 3 stage mast. Theirs was nicer and newer with all the working gauges and such that the Cat was missing so I offered an even trade with them. We traded the 5000 lb Cat for the 3500 lb Yale. They were thrilled and so am I.

This one is a keeper for sure and Sandra was in the mood to blast some today so she has already started. It will be red, ivory and black of course, with a lot of step tread material. I want it to look like the look we did for Scott's Air Horse. Tuesday is supposed to be 65 so we're gonna pressure wash it then, I'll also get with Terry this week for some decals for it.

Gotta get a name for it too like Wheel Horse Mover or lift or something. Any ideas? :)

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23 AUTOMATIC LSE

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2016 06:38 #10273 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic The new Wheel Horse forklift
Nice rig and good trade. Did you beef up the trailer for delivery or did they pickup?

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
30 Jan 2016 08:32 #10278 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic The new Wheel Horse forklift
They had a rollback do it. They're just 3 miles down the road. :)

A new seat is here that we bought for the other one so we did some drilling to put it on this one, part of the deal was they kept the seat off of this one for our old one. The side covers and seat cover are blasted and painted. I think it may get pressure washed later today.

Got the grinders out to clean up some of the factory welds and weld splatter this morning.

Welcome to the Stables!

More
30 Jan 2016 09:41 #10281 by jm46322
have to love the continental flat head in it. smooth running and is half the counter weight.... lots of iron in them.

John in Highland Indiana
self appointed chief mechanic at
WOODWARD FARMS

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
30 Jan 2016 09:44 #10283 by Geno
That's what the other fork lift had in it also, love those engines, they're pretty bullet proof.

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
30 Jan 2016 18:35 #10285 by Geno
It's all cleaned up. Several pleasant surprises today. It's a 4,000 lb lift not the 3,500 they thought it was, it lifts a lot higher any of us knew, and the forks go almost all the way up before the mast starts moving. The cylinder has 2 stages and comes up off the bottom. I was afraid to take it any higher. It's a lot higher looking than the pics when you're next to it. :whew

Welcome to the Stables!

More
30 Jan 2016 21:24 #10286 by Trouty56
I operated a forklift for the first 25 years of my employment where I work....in a fast paced shipping department. The last 15 years I have been in an office....surrounded by forklifts....lol

Bob T
Adams County Pennsyltucky

"One, that's easy to remember. It's the first number in the alphabet...." - Barney Fife

More
31 Jan 2016 07:50 #10289 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic The new Wheel Horse forklift
Looks like a winner!

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
01 Feb 2016 17:39 #10300 by Geno
Thanks guys. We beefed up the front fork cross bar today with a piece of heavy 3" square tubing so we have a better anchor to pull with or tie tractors down to. Also ordered 4-27 watt led lights, 2 for front, 2 for rear, and a toolbox to mount next to the seat to keep chains and cigars in. :)

Sandra has a few more parts blasted and if nothing else I am making a mess trying to get 3 coats of yellow paint off.

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
02 Feb 2016 04:44 #10303 by nappypappy
looks like you done good on the trade..........and me still lookin for a blade.....................:smile2 :goodpost :bacon0 :reality

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

Time to create page: 0.307 seconds