Dealing with Alziemers

More
12 Jul 2015 09:50 #6730 by David81
Hello guy's I know been a long time but just wanted to let you all know what's up ......well seems as though my wife and I have took on more than we ever imagined .. as of almost two years ago my Father ask us to move in with them and help take care of my mom who has late stages of ALZ well we had no idea what kind of feat this was going to be. well first of all my wife quit her job to be with mom while I work now my mother is getting worse by the week. It seems harder and harder to handle very temperamental and aggressive and as if that isn't enough Dad just had a complete knee replacement four days ago. So needless to say we have no time to hardly leave the house.... my lawn tractor project has been put on serious hold. Just makes me sick to walk in the garage and see it apart sitting there. Needless to say I have no time for another project. Contemplating selling my Lawn tractor and new motor that has never been out of the box ....maybe someday life can be normal again and I can finally get a wheel Horse and get back to something fun instead of daily bad things.

Wheel Horse want- A -Be

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2015 09:59 #6732 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic Dealing with Alziemers

David81 wrote: Hello guy's I know been a long time but just wanted to let you all know what's up ......well seems as though my wife and I have took on more than we ever imagined .. as of almost two years ago my Father ask us to move in with them and help take care of my mom who has late stages of ALZ well we had no idea what kind of feat this was going to be. well first of all my wife quit her job to be with mom while I work now my mother is getting worse by the week. It seems harder and harder to handle very temperamental and aggressive and as if that isn't enough Dad just had a complete knee replacement four days ago. So needless to say we have no time to hardly leave the house.... my lawn tractor project has been put on serious hold. Just makes me sick to walk in the garage and see it apart sitting there. Needless to say I have no time for another project. Contemplating selling my Lawn tractor and new motor that has never been out of the box ....maybe someday life can be normal again and I can finally get a wheel Horse and get back to something fun instead of daily bad things.

I know what you mean...my mother moved in with us for awhile and it was rough till she ended up in a nursing home...but I would do it all again...she was the only mom I knew and I do miss her....and remember its always darkest before dawn.........and love your parents is my advice cause they wont be around forever......:smile2

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David81

• Geno
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
12 Jul 2015 10:08 #6733 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Dealing with Alziemers
Sorry about the news David. :sorry

I had a scenario like this where I took care of my elderly next door neighbor for years. Between running a business and everything else in life, a lot of my work time and all of my free time went to taking care of him as he was home bound. We bought the groceries, constantly got him to the VA, took care of all the bills, mowing and fixing around the house, coordinating home health, filling the pill boxes every week, most everything. Sandra and I knew everything there was to know about dealing with the VA, all kinds of different drugs, home health, social security, community services, and the list goes on and on. It about killed us but it is what we're supposed to be here to do, help people. He passed last June and I miss him and think about him all the time. Life gets hard but all we can do is be thankful for what we do have and and try to keep life positive. We'll be praying for you! :)

Welcome to the Stables!

More
12 Jul 2015 16:01 #6738 by David81
Replied by David81 on topic Dealing with Alziemers
Thanks Geno I know it is what we are here for I just find it hard to believe a 73 year old man doesn't try to cover him self instead just let's it all out for all to see if you know what I'm saying and then mom is constantly trying to leave so we have to keep the doors locked anyway enough said guess I'll deal with it Prayer is were I will start......must say I'm very offended by my father at least mom has an excuse but I'll do what I have too.....thanks guy's for listening guess I needed to blow off some steam....I'm normally not this week of a person guess this whole ordeal has kicked the feet out from under me.

Wheel Horse want- A -Be

More
12 Jul 2015 16:09 #6739 by Trouty56
Replied by Trouty56 on topic Dealing with Alziemers
I'm sorry for you David...but also proud to have you as a member....sons and daughters (in-law) such as you and your wife are few and far between.... As my son says...there is no such thing as time....we merely exist......and then we don't. A better part of your existence is coming....

Bob T
Adams County Pennsyltucky

"One, that's easy to remember. It's the first number in the alphabet...." - Barney Fife

More
12 Jul 2015 16:28 #6740 by David81
Thank You Sir that is so very true if it was for Our Father Jesus in Heaven Im not sure were we both would be by now We both lean on Him pretty hard. well got to go I hear Mom yelling in the other room.

Wheel Horse want- A -Be

More
12 Jul 2015 17:48 #6743 by M Bailey
Replied by M Bailey on topic Dealing with Alziemers
David I am so sorry for your grief, just know that nothing is forever and persevere in the interim. There's lots of help out there when you lift your head and ask for it. Bless you Bro.

Major

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx

• Geno
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
12 Jul 2015 18:03 #6744 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Dealing with Alziemers

David81 wrote: Thanks Geno I know it is what we are here for I just find it hard to believe a 73 year old man doesn't try to cover him self instead just let's it all out for all to see if you know what I'm saying and then mom is constantly trying to leave so we have to keep the doors locked anyway enough said guess I'll deal with it Prayer is were I will start......must say I'm very offended by my father at least mom has an excuse but I'll do what I have too.....thanks guy's for listening guess I needed to blow off some steam....I'm normally not this week of a person guess this whole ordeal has kicked the feet out from under me.

Everyone deals with things in their own way. This may be how he deals with the fact he feels like he's lost everything. I know it's hard to see the other side when someone treats you a certain way, and it doesn't make it right, just a little more understandable. It could happen to any of us any day. Hope this helps a little. :)

Welcome to the Stables!

More
12 Jul 2015 19:06 #6749 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic Dealing with Alziemers
Hold on to your faith David, it will sustain you when everything around you seems to crumble. We are but a moment in time and must do as we would have done for us.
Blessings on you and your wife, know that you are making a difference.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

More
12 Jul 2015 19:54 #6755 by David81
Thanks again to all of you guy's been a tuff day but you guy's all make a difference .....I guess that hardest part is just not understanding why things are the way they are but I'm more than sure God wouldn't have us here if He thought we couldn't do it. God Bless you all :)

Wheel Horse want- A -Be
The following user(s) said Thank You: GT 14

Time to create page: 0.444 seconds