What's everybody doing?

More
11 Jul 2018 05:49 #14720 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic What's everybody doing?
Nice job, headers are always hard to remove. Those should go the distance.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2018 07:54 #14721 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic What's everybody doing?
What did you do with the reel mower?

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
11 Jul 2018 08:02 #14722 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?
It's down at the farm. :thumb

Welcome to the Stables!

More
11 Jul 2018 09:36 #14723 by motor12
Replied by motor12 on topic What's everybody doing?
What I want to see is the driveway repair. Those are some big holes, bet the UPS delivery guy will appreciate the repairs. Photos please..

1958/model RJ58
1964/model 854

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
12 Jul 2018 07:58 #14724 by Geno
I got over half of it done yesterday, gotta finish it up by 4:00 this afternoon, that's when the rock is coming. :hi5

Welcome to the Stables!

More
12 Jul 2018 08:02 #14725 by GT 14
Repaving or cement?

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
12 Jul 2018 19:59 #14728 by Geno
I'm making it a lot wider and digging deeper for a lot of #4 rock for drainage. I want about a foot of #4 rock exposed after it's done along the edge for drainage so the drive doesn't get eat up again. I'm going from the turn around up top all the way down to the highway. The wide turn around has been changed for more room pulling out without getting in the grass and the bottom near the highway is really really wide. I've dug all the way back to the rock face they cut out when they did the drive many years ago so the drive looks like the front on the left side coming up it. It will be a lot less maintenance, just roundup a few times a year. There's a lot of water coming down the drive, especially all of these fast hard rains we've gotten here lately. It will eventually be repaved with blacktop.

Still didn't get it done today, more digging to do and the 1st load of rock didn't put a dent in it. Will prob need 25-30 or more tons. Of course I'm making it a lot wider and nicer than I thought in the beginning, I just can't stop myself lol. :rolling

I'll try to get some pics soon, just been going at it as fast as I can, rain is coming in Monday. Dad is coming up in the morning to help and bringing another tractor with a grader on it. :yay

Welcome to the Stables!

More
12 Jul 2018 22:31 #14729 by nappypappy

Geno wrote: I'm making it a lot wider and digging deeper for a lot of #4 rock for drainage. I want about a foot of #4 rock exposed after it's done along the edge for drainage so the drive doesn't get eat up again. I'm going from the turn around up top all the way down to the highway. The wide turn around has been changed for more room pulling out without getting in the grass and the bottom near the highway is really really wide. I've dug all the way back to the rock face they cut out when they did the drive many years ago so the drive looks like the front on the left side coming up it. It will be a lot less maintenance, just roundup a few times a year. There's a lot of water coming down the drive, especially all of these fast hard rains we've gotten here lately. It will eventually be repaved with blacktop.

Still didn't get it done today, more digging to do and the 1st load of rock didn't put a dent in it. Will prob need 25-30 or more tons. Of course I'm making it a lot wider and nicer than I thought in the beginning, I just can't stop myself lol. :rolling

I'll try to get some pics soon, just been going at it as fast as I can, rain is coming in Monday. Dad is coming up in the morning to help and bringing another tractor with a grader on it. :yay

sounds like its going to be pretty darn nice....be careful on them tractors working on a hill or grade......................................................................................................................................................................................:bacon0 .

1985 416-8
520-H

More
13 Jul 2018 06:46 - 13 Jul 2018 06:48 #14731 by GT 14
About what I had imagined you would do :dance3 It will end up being 40' wide with a passing lane and on ramp.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
Last edit: 13 Jul 2018 06:48 by GT 14.

More
13 Jul 2018 07:20 #14732 by nappypappy

GT 14 wrote: About what I had imagined you would do :dance3 It will end up being 40' wide with a passing lane and on ramp.

you took the words right out of my mouth....hope theres not a toll....................:bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H

Time to create page: 0.508 seconds