What's everybody doing?

More
23 Jan 2017 16:07 #13167 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic What's everybody doing?

Geno wrote: There are always sneaky ways to do things lol. Mechanics make a lot of money charging book time then finding the little well kept secrets... :thumb1

I could make some serious money doing this one, the book is probably 8 hrs. on this one.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
23 Jan 2017 16:48 #13168 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?
I could buy a pretty nice Wheel Horse with the labor on that job alone lol. :rolling

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
23 Jan 2017 18:17 #13170 by Geno
My job today, install an new alarm system in the shop. The old one that I put in in 97 when I built the shop has a keypad problem that has been giving me fits for years. I never had a problem with the system and it may have lasted another 20 years, but the keypad hasn't been wanting to work for quite awhile. I reused all of the wired sensors that have never given me a problem and am adding some wireless features.

The new system has been integrated with all of the old wired sensors and has a 99 zone wireless system. It calls phones when it goes off, has an app to run it, it even talks and welcomes customers from the door trigger lol. The thing I like the most is it has remotes, no more keypad use unless I feel like it or to set things up in it. :rolling

I'll have to get a vid of it when I get all of the extra sirens and strobes installed inside and outside. :)

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
23 Jan 2017 18:34 #13171 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic What's everybody doing?
I'll have to get a vid of it when I get all of the extra sirens and strobes installed inside and outside. :)[/quote]

Wow I would like to be there when that goes off........but not inside if there's some deadly gas blowing in there....:smile2 :cof3 :bacon0 :goodjob

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

More
23 Jan 2017 19:07 #13172 by GT 14
Radio Shack used to sell useful gear, now its cell phones and batteries. Don't expect them to be in business much longer.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

More
23 Jan 2017 19:09 #13173 by GT 14

Geno wrote: I could buy a pretty nice Wheel Horse with the labor on that job alone lol. :rolling

Maybe two:rolling4

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

More
25 Jan 2017 12:56 #13186 by motor12
Replied by motor12 on topic What's everybody doing?
I still like the old style burglar alarm, but it requires picking up poop each morning...

1958/model RJ58
1964/model 854

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
25 Jan 2017 14:08 #13187 by Geno
That's the best alarm ever made. If it weren't for the chance of getting sued because my dog ate up someone who broke into my shop I would have one in a minute! :rolling

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
27 Jan 2017 18:16 - 27 Jan 2017 18:18 #13201 by Geno
The extra strobe sirens came in today. I got the inside ones mounted, still have to do the outside. Since the alarm is a 12V based system I'm running the system through my test bench \ sound system and using the battery in there for backup which should run it for about a week lol. :)

I had all of the inside sirens hooked up and after a minute or so the alarm head unit shut them down, but the internal siren in the head kept working. They came back after a rearm so there must be an overload circuit for protection of the outboard siren circuit. I thought no big deal, I'll let the siren output trigger a 30A relay off of the battery in the test bench and then I can run all the sirens I want. I had the relay hooked up and pushed the panic button on one of the remotes and the relay wouldn't engage... I checked the voltage out of the siren driver and it was only 7V, not enough to trip the relay. :doh

I don't know if running the extra sirens weakened the circuit or if it was always 7 volts. The unit works great with 2 sirens at 7V, but not more than 2. The sirens are rated at 5-12V. I can't get any help from the manufacturer so I called Amazon and asked them what I should do. They said since the unit was installed they would just credit me for this one and I could order another one and use what I needed. This is why I deal with Amazon so much. :thumb1

Another one will be here Monday. If that one does only 7V out of the siren driver I'll know it's normal I guess, and put that one in the house with just the 1 siren that comes with it or 2 sirens lol. There's also a 10A 6V to 12V step up transformer on the way for the shop just in case. :)

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Jan 2017 18:18 by Geno.

More
27 Jan 2017 21:46 #13203 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic What's everybody doing?
Well you been busy I see and me put new axles and hubs on the front of the jeep...it needed it ....that's what I been doing..
:smile2 :smile2 :cof3 :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

Time to create page: 0.438 seconds