WHS Site and Forum Registration. (24 Jul 2018)

On the front page under the pic it reads, "Due to all the spammers the register link for the WHS Forum has been removed. If you want to sign up for the WHS Forum just give us a call, information is on the contact us page. Thank You."

You can give me a call at and I can set you up. It's more work for me but I feel it's worth it to keep the site clean. Thanks. :thumb1

520 Grease Cap Installer

• Geno
  • Geno's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
  • Thank you received: 452

Geno created the topic: 520 Grease Cap Installer

As most of you know I have been in make it mode here lately. It's getting bad I'm afraid. :tounge2 I went to put a grease cap on a 520 yesterday and said hey I can make a tool for that, so here it is.

Start out with a piece of 2 inch exhaust pipe, all I stock is the 16 gauge aluminzed but anything will work. Cut a piece to your desired length (mine is about 6") and get the ends square, especially the one that will drive the cap as square as possible. I used a scrap that wasn't squared but I squared it on the mill. Put it on a pipe bender and swell 1 end deeper than needed until the cap fits snug but not tight. I swelled it as deep as I could. Swell the other end the same but not too deep and put something heavier in it for the hammer side then weld it in. I used a piece of 2" x 1/2" thick steel. If you don't have a pipe bender then just take a grease cap to a muffler shop so they can swell the pipe for you. You can also show them this post so they can see what you're up to. :thumb1

A little paint to the color you like and it's done. Cheap, easy, and no more fighting or denting caps. :thumb

Hint: There is a small lip inside exhaust pipe where it is seamed that should be ground flat before swelling.

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds