417 engine mount plate

More
27 Feb 2019 20:08 #15250 by Bert
417 engine mount plate was created by Bert
Hey all, I’m in search of a solid engine plate from a 417 or a 418 to mount my kt 17 series 2 kohler on the frame.
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
27 Feb 2019 21:41 #15253 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic 417 engine mount plate
Hey Bert. They didn't make those too many years and may be hard to find. I have a KT17 off of one of my C-175's that is on the list to rebuild that I could get the dimensions off of so you could make one. What tractor is this going on?

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bert

• Geno
    Super Users
More
28 Feb 2019 17:42 #15255 by Geno
I went on and took a pic of it so you could see it. It is 1/4" thick steel plate, OD is 11 3/4" x 9". 4 holes to mount in the standard frame holes, and 4 holes for the KT-17 with a hole for the oil drain. In case you never checked the holes for the Kohler mount, they are directional. The 2 on the PTO side frame rail are closer together than the 2 on the fan side frame rail. If your frame is old enough it won't have 2 notches in the right side, you will have to make them as well, they are for the bolt heads that mount the 17, nuts go on the top.

If you decide to make one and need more measurements let me know. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
01 Mar 2019 16:48 #15260 by Bert
Replied by Bert on topic 417 engine mount plate
Thanks Geno, thats the type I’m hunting.
I’ve been thinking I’d have to make one and the measurements will likely be very helpful.
I just figured I’d post a wanted add first.
I’ve been pondering grabbing one from a 500 series from eBay and drilling it but I doubt it would look right. :surprised

• Geno
    Super Users
More
01 Mar 2019 17:45 #15261 by Geno
This engine isn't going on an older short frame is it?

There are a few different 500 series plates, they will also all have a PTO lower bracket built in for one of the the shorter bell arms, there are a few of those as well. Some brackets have relay mounts on the front some don't, some have raised PTO brackets, some don't. Bottom line is they will all prob have to be modified and cut on lol.

I happen to have 2 different ones sitting on top of each other in the back so I took a pic.

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
02 Mar 2019 10:10 #15262 by Bert
I took some pictures to help me explain what I’m up to, probably should have led with them :confused1
I’m somewhat downsizing and swapping engines and other parts to build and keep what I’d consider my ideal herd.
My grey work horse that my uncle bought new in 85 (it’s an 84 model) will be back on mowing duty. I robbed the engine off my 165 to bring it back to life.
The 175 is a pos mut but has a great series 2 wheel horse spec replacement engine. That’s going in the 165. I’ve got a 417 that’s original and in near perfect condition. I like that setup better than the shaker mount so wanna incorporat that style setup on a black hood :yes
Attachments:

• Geno
    Super Users
More
02 Mar 2019 14:41 #15263 by Geno
Can you use the shaker plate for the steel mount? If you cut off the upward swing for the rubber mounts is there enough room left to drill the holes to mount it directly to the frame? Unless you want it factory that is...

Welcome to the Stables!

More
02 Mar 2019 16:00 #15264 by Bert
Very good question, I hadn’t thought of that.
I’ll check and post either way.

Time to create page: 0.462 seconds