Picked up some more equipment over the last month or so

More
20 Sep 2015 01:27 #8388 by FewMoreMiles
First off, I picked up a very nice 416-8 on a local level. Very nice guy, and the machine was exactly as described...we all know how that can be. I don't have a photo of this machine, as it had fluids and filters changed, got a bath and has been in storage since. Same applies to the other equipment I purchased, but I was able to exercise the 520 a little in between events. Hope everyone is doing well...can't wait to get some time with these machines and enjoy them a bit more. I am not able to log on to the site very often, but at least wanted to take a moment (in the middle of the night of course) to wish everyone well and to share a couple of photos of some neat machines I have added to my collection.

1994 Wheel Horse 416-8 354hrs
1996 Wheel Horse 520H 490hrs
1960 Wheel Horse Suburban ( #2) with plow-will eventually get a beginner's restoration, similar to my original Suburban. Geno and Sandra resto = 2 days, mine more like 2 years
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: GlenPettit

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2015 04:38 #8389 by nappypappy
very nice...........:smile2

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FewMoreMiles

• Geno
  • Administrator Supporter
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
20 Sep 2015 08:15 #8396 by Geno
Nice additions Jeff and good to see you around! :thumb1 :goodjob

Welcome to the Stables!

More
20 Sep 2015 09:08 #8399 by GT 14
Sweet score:thumb1

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

More
20 Sep 2015 09:33 #8400 by M Bailey
Very nice additions to your collection Jeff :woo

Major

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx

More
20 Sep 2015 20:51 - 20 Sep 2015 20:57 #8405 by FewMoreMiles
Thanks everyone! Great to see that each of you are doing well. I really enjoyed mowing the lawn with the 520 the other day. The fact that I mowed the entire yard in about the same time as my zero turn was a good feeling. Is the 520 steering geometry different than the other 300 and 400 series?? I have a lot of trees that I have to cut around, and I was amazed that I only had to back up three or four times. That is literally the main reason I bought the zero turn in the first place...so I could mow and keep going. Regardless, I have acquired nearly every machine that I ever wanted, and I am blessed to have located them at affordable prices. Ironically, four people in my neighborhood have come to me inquiring about Wheel Horse and have fallen in love with them. My neighbor has a lot of tall grass and lots of "things" in her yard. Her husband had her convinced that she needed a $4,000 Craftsman the other day, and she came to me and asked how much my tractors were instead. I of course told her I waited my entire adult life to purchase the ones I have now, but I could likely save her a couple thousand dollars if she routinely maintained the unit, stored it inside and so forth. She was delighted and cancelled the order for the Craftsman. I am now on a mission to locate the proper machine for her. Likely another 312-8 or similar...found my dad and another neighbor each one with less than 400 hours and a 42" deck for reasonable prices, and they are both enjoying them. Did you know you can become very creative at finding more space, when space is at a premium? I actually forgot about my RJ the other day...it's tucked away under a storage cover and I went over to figure out what was parked there :dance2 I was pretty excited to find that I owned an RJ LOL. I don't know what I am going to do with myself...off to sleep soon. LONG day and night ahead here in Indianapolis, then a red eye to North Carolina. If I survive that, I will be home on Wednesday to begin winterizing things for the season.
Last edit: 20 Sep 2015 20:57 by FewMoreMiles.

More
21 Sep 2015 14:57 #8410 by Kurt-NEPA
Sweet! :thumb1

1988 520H
1995 520H
1998 520xi
2000 522xi
1950 Ford 8N
1955 Ford 660
Single Stage Blower
2-Two Stage Blowers

More
21 Sep 2015 21:24 #8416 by JERSEYHAWG
Jeff, looks like you found some jewels. Best of luck and thanks for sharing.

Glenn

More
21 Sep 2015 21:40 #8419 by FewMoreMiles
I appreciate it Glenn, thank you! Hoping to have ample time to enjoy these things, but it appears as if I am acquiring a lot more local work than prior years. Sometimes that works in my favor, but often it keeps me away more, believe it or not. As always, I'll keep you and your family in thought and prayer...wish you all the best.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JERSEYHAWG

More
25 Sep 2015 22:20 #8457 by Trouty56
Forgot you had an RJ....Jeez...... You have some very nice equipment Jeff....

Bob T
Adams County Pennsyltucky

"One, that's easy to remember. It's the first number in the alphabet...." - Barney Fife

Time to create page: 0.362 seconds