Another motor project

More
12 Jul 2018 14:53 #14726 by motor12
Just finished this little Kohler K91RT, thought i would rebuild something different this time. As you can see its a gear reduction motor. The guy i bought it from said it didn't run and he was right. I replaced all seals, gaskets, bearings, coil, points, plug and condenser,cleaned up the block checked the bore and piston size installed new rings, put a rebuild kit in the carb and a bunch more stuff. This motor was a challenge to say the least. It started on the third pull and runs great. the one thing left to do is make a small guard to go over the chain sprocket, I don't want to get tangled in that thing.

1958/model RJ58
1964/model 854

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Administrator Supporter
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
12 Jul 2018 19:40 #14727 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Another motor project
Wow that is a beauty. You have a knack for making them look just right. :10

Welcome to the Stables!

More
13 Jul 2018 05:39 #14730 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic Another motor project

motor12 wrote: Just finished this little Kohler K91RT, thought i would rebuild something different this time. As you can see its a gear reduction motor. The guy i bought it from said it didn't run and he was right. I replaced all seals, gaskets, bearings, coil, points, plug and condenser,cleaned up the block checked the bore and piston size installed new rings, put a rebuild kit in the carb and a bunch more stuff. This motor was a challenge to say the least. It started on the third pull and runs great. the one thing left to do is make a small guard to go over the chain sprocket, I don't want to get tangled in that thing.

wow thats a beauty for sure....................:woo :10 :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

More
27 Jul 2018 09:03 #14760 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic Another motor projectGre
Great job, super detail :dance3 :10 :dance3

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

Time to create page: 0.394 seconds