My RJ58 has a new home

More
10 Oct 2017 09:10 #14026 by motor12
Displayed my RJ58 at the Temple tractor and engine show this past weekend, and he got lots of attention. For the first time there were a number of Wheelhorse tractors on the grounds, but this RJ was head and shoulders above the rest. Not braging just stating a fact. Well about half way through the morning I decided to ride around the grounds. The RJ had the plow attached and was towing a small cart. A woman who was attending the show saw RJ fell in love and had to have him. She wanted RJ for parade duty ( xmas, new years, 4th of July, ect.) We agreed on a price and loaded RJ in her pick up and that was it, RJ had a new home. My wife shed a tear as she felt like one of her kids was leaving home. I will miss the RJ but I still have my 854.

1958/model RJ58
1964/model 854

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
10 Oct 2017 17:17 #14027 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic My RJ58 has a new home
That tractor was head and shoulders above a lot of them. :thumb1 You know what this means...

Time to start on another! :woo

Welcome to the Stables!

More
11 Oct 2017 09:09 #14032 by motor12
Replied by motor12 on topic My RJ58 has a new home

Geno wrote: That tractor was head and shoulders above a lot of them. :thumb1 You know what this means...

Time to start on another! :woo

That's right, but my next one will only have the mechanicals refurbished. I am not going to bring the sheet metal and paint back to new. Going to keep it in its work clothes.

1958/model RJ58
1964/model 854

• Geno
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
11 Oct 2017 15:33 #14033 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic My RJ58 has a new home
I am eager to see if you can do that, I know I can't... :rolling