Ebay Protection

More
11 Sep 2017 23:32 #13997 by 23 AUTOMATIC LSE
As many of you may have noticed, I have placed my resto-mod on the back burner, to work on an upgrade to our home theater. So I make an offer on a "New" 5 channel amp, $1130.25 after this was accepted by the seller, he informs me it will not be shipped in the original box. Not a red flag but at least a yellow flag. I don't understand why anyone would not have a new item in the original packaging, but I sort of shrugged it off, as it would still be new. Then the seller informs me that he will pack the amp as soon as he is finished testing it. By this time it is definitely a red flag. He then informs me it was a reconditioned used amp. So after receiving the amp, I let him know this item was not as described. He states that the amp was never listed as new. I attached a picture of the listing, showing item condition = New, and let him know I am turning it over to eBay to return for refund. eBay rep stated "Even though a seller lists an item as no returns, if it is not as described they will make the seller refund the money. This amp weighs 85+ pounds and shipping was over $100.00 so he is going to be out over $200.00 just for the shipping both ways.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GlenPettit

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Administrator Supporter
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
12 Sep 2017 08:03 #13998 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Ebay Protection
I've spent years trying to figure out why people can't just tell the truth lol. :doh

A lot of nice stuff shows up on CL as well. I bought an $8K Klipsch surround system on there for only 1,500 years ago in Indy, still going strong. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23 AUTOMATIC LSE

More
12 Sep 2017 08:39 #13999 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic Ebay Protection

23 AUTOMATIC LSE wrote: As many of you may have noticed, I have placed my resto-mod on the back burner, to work on an upgrade to our home theater. So I make an offer on a "New" 5 channel amp, $1130.25 after this was accepted by the seller, he informs me it will not be shipped in the original box. Not a red flag but at least a yellow flag. I don't understand why anyone would not have a new item in the original packaging, but I sort of shrugged it off, as it would still be new. Then the seller informs me that he will pack the amp as soon as he is finished testing it. By this time it is definitely a red flag. He then informs me it was a reconditioned used amp. So after receiving the amp, I let him know this item was not as described. He states that the amp was never listed as new. I attached a picture of the listing, showing item condition = New, and let him know I am turning it over to eBay to return for refund. eBay rep stated "Even though a seller lists an item as no returns, if it is not as described they will make the seller refund the money. This amp weighs 85+ pounds and shipping was over $100.00 so he is going to be out over $200.00 just for the shipping both ways.

that seller was lying from the get go........glad you can get your money back........:smile2 :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

More
12 Sep 2017 14:23 #14001 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic Ebay Protection
Glad Ebay will stand behind you.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225