WHS Site and Forum Registration. (24 Jul 2018)

I have changed the way registration is done for the site. I deleted over 300 spammers, (and prob a few good ones) last weekend alone. The forum can be seen by all the public and with 15K visitors a day, a lot of them younger people I can't take the chance on something ugly showing up on the site like is happening on the FB sites and other forums. The only pretty full proof way I can think of to keep the place clean is the new way of doing things.

On the front page under the pic it reads, "Due to all the spammers the register link for the WHS Forum has been removed. If you want to sign up for the WHS Forum just give us a call, information is on the contact us page. Thank You."

So that's where we are now lol. You can give me a call at and I can set you up. It's a lot more work for me but I feel it's worth it to keep the site clean :thumb1

Shoutbox upgrade

• Geno
  • Geno's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
  • Thank you received: 451

Geno created the topic: Shoutbox upgrade

I think it's finally done and fixed up. Any changes you guys would like to see, can everyone read it ok? I may play with it a little and try to tighten up the layout but that's about it.

You can click a name in the shoutbox to go to their profile, thumbs up a shout, you can edit your own shout for 10 minutes, if you scroll to the bottom and click the history button all of the previous shouts pop up in a new modal. The little dot at the right lower corner of the avatar pic tells you if someone is online or not.

I just added another module that will post a shout in the shoutbox when a post or reply is made on the Forum. We'll see if it works after this post lol. :)

Welcome to the Stables!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Geno replied the topic: Shoutbox upgrade

Test

Welcome to the Stables!

• Thank you received: 75

motor12 replied the topic: Shoutbox upgrade

Upgrade, my favorite word. the improvement looks good and is easy to use.

1958/model RJ58
1964/model 854
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Thank you received: 75

motor12 replied the topic: Shoutbox upgrade

I just noticed that the shout out box notification message seems to take up lots of space and when you want to check in (good morning) it makes it less personal when your comment is lost in the notification posts. I like to see who chimed in and not have them lost in the repeated notifications. Just sayin.

1958/model RJ58
1964/model 854

• Geno
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Nice to hear, I was thinking the same lol. :)

Welcome to the Stables!

• Thank you received: 178

nappypappy replied the topic: Shoutbox upgrade

I cant find the shout box this morning and any ideas on where it went?
:cof3 :cof4 :smile2 :hello :bacon0

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

• Geno
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

The new operating system update is not liking the template system I use. There are over 100 modules on this site and the template system runs everything as far as what it looks like. I have the template people involved working on their software that isn't ready for the new operating system update. Looks like they dropped the ball and are trying to figure it out. :doh

I reinstalled an older version of the operating system and lost the Shoutbox, but with the new operating system update installed I lost the whole site until I fixed it. :whew

If you come here and get a big 404 error screen it means I'm playing around trying to see what they advise to fix their stuff, or trying to fix it myself lol.

Welcome to the Stables!

• Thank you received: 178

nappypappy replied the topic: Shoutbox upgrade

Ok ....I wasn't sure if the problem was on my end or yours since my PC is getting old and doesn't seem to like me very much......................................................:smile2

Geno wrote: The new operating system update is not liking the template system I use. There are over 100 modules on this site and the template system runs everything as far as what it looks like. I have the template people involved working on their software that isn't ready for the new operating system update. Looks like they dropped the ball and are trying to figure it out. :doh

I reinstalled an older version of the operating system and lost the Shoutbox, but with the new operating system update installed I lost the whole site until I fixed it. :whew

If you come here and get a big 404 error screen it means I'm playing around trying to see what they advise to fix their stuff, or trying to fix it myself lol.

:bacon0

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

• Geno
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Well I found some database problems that the template thingy screwed up, shoutbox is back for now. :) I may blow it up again trying the new updates but now I know how to fix it myself.

Funny how you pay for something and can't get much help from the developers... :confused1 It's a pain in the butt to stay cutting edge sometimes. :rolling

Welcome to the Stables!

Time to create page: 0.315 seconds