• Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
10 May 2015 15:40 #4284 by Geno
Changes to the site was created by Geno
I've started to do a few improvements to the place, something to do on Sundays while the shop is closed. :) I think I've finally also recuperated from the initial build a few months ago. :whew

Today I'm working on speeding things up a bit, optimizing code, scripts, compressing files so they will load faster, etc. Some of this is in preparation of uploading all of the WH manuals, among some other new things coming. If you guys would, let me know if you see any difference, for better or worse... The biggest difference will definitely be the loading of the front web page.

There are also some new forum improvements and new buttons coming, as if we don't have enough now... There will be much cleaner and more dimensional look and feel, forum speed will increase, in addition to the regular attachment uploading and inserting there will also be a drag and drop box for attachments. The new multiple attachments uploader has drag&drop support and auto upload files to the server. You will also be able to define your online status, have more user settings, a new smiley feature, and several other things that I'll keep :topsecret

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Trouty56, GT 14, 23 AUTOMATIC LSE

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2015 16:42 #4285 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic Changes to the site

Geno wrote: I've started to do a few improvements to the place, something to do on Sundays while the shop is closed. :) I think I've finally also recuperated from the initial build a few months ago. :whew

Today I'm working on speeding things up a bit, optimizing code, scripts, compressing files so they will load faster, etc. Some of this is in preparation of uploading all of the WH manuals, among some other new things coming. If you guys would, let me know if you see any difference, for better or worse... The biggest difference will definitely be the loading of the front web page.

There are also some new forum improvements and new buttons coming, as if we don't have enough now... There will be much cleaner and more dimensional look and feel, forum speed will increase, in addition to the regular attachment uploading and inserting there will also be a drag and drop box for attachments. The new multiple attachments uploader has drag&drop support and auto upload files to the server. You will also be able to define your online status, have more user settings, a new smiley feature, and several other things that I'll keep :topsecret

Shop closed how can be?
You one busy man.... :smile2

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

More
10 May 2015 16:46 #4286 by M Bailey
Replied by M Bailey on topic Changes to the site
That sounds great Geno and thanks for your hard work on the site. It already looks great so I can't imagine what the improvements will be :happy1 :clap :woo

Major

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx

More
10 May 2015 16:53 #4287 by nappypappy

M Bailey wrote: That sounds great Geno and thanks for your hard work on the site. It already looks great so I can't imagine what the improvements will be :happy1 :clap :woo

I also feel the same way......he must sleep with one eye open....Busy Busy... :wave

1985 416-8
520-H

More
10 May 2015 16:55 #4288 by M Bailey
Pappy, I don't think he ever sleeps!

Major

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
10 May 2015 17:08 #4291 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Changes to the site
Looks who's talking, you two and GT are up way before the roosters. :rolling3

Welcome to the Stables!

More
10 May 2015 17:19 #4292 by M Bailey

Geno wrote: Looks who's talking, you two and GT are up way before the roosters. :rolling3

All true, but I go to roost with the chickens :rolling3

Major

More
10 May 2015 19:15 #4294 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic Changes to the site
Yup early to bed early to rise, makes a man..................??? :dance2

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

More
10 May 2015 19:28 #4296 by nappypappy
I get up early cause I am afraid I might miss something......me nosey looking out the window.. :smile2

1985 416-8
520-H

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
16 May 2015 13:23 #4574 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Changes to the site
You can keep me informed Nappy. :rolling3

Been moving some stuff around today. The PM System, Notifier, and Birthday modules are at the top now under the website menu. It shrunk the forum page a little and got it all in a central location. There may be some new things show up in that area in the future. :)

Welcome to the Stables!

Time to create page: 0.500 seconds