• Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
07 Mar 2017 18:02 - 07 Mar 2017 18:03 #13483 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic 520-8 Build
Thanks Nappy. :thanks A few more pieces are on. We are stocking a heavier 3/4 collar with a larger set screw for the pedals, steering, etc. I need to get those in the store lol. :doh

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Mar 2017 18:03 by Geno.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
04 Dec 2023 18:11 #18228 by Geno
The first line in the first post in this topic says "I'm not sure how long this one will take"...  That was an understatement I guess, that was said on March 2, 2017, 6 years and 9 months ago. 

Things must have been really busy around here even more than usual so it got put up and forgot about.  I'm not sure where all the time goes but it sure does go.  Anyway, I guess I just set a bunch of parts on it and the wrong hood for some reason.  It's been sitting next to the Clydesdale for who knows how long, the blasting cart had all of the extra parts on it clogging it up, for almost 7 years I guess.  I just can't get over how long it's been and seeing this topic was a real wake up call.   

Time to take a day or 2 and do some work on it.  Since this tractor is so nice and has 244 hours on it, the redone really nice 20HP Onan from the other 520-8 I got recently is going on this one.   What got me back to work on this one is clearing the cart for the blaster and doing something with the redone Onan sitting on the portable welding table in the way.  With Jeremy's 753 wrapped up it's time to get back to some more cleaning, arranging, and de-cluttering.  

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
05 Dec 2023 19:32 #18229 by Geno
The main objective for today is done, put some of the 520 together and free up some carts and smaller welding table.  Motor is on, some other parts are blasted, painted, and on, and some other things are blasted, painted, and bagged up for later.  I think there were parts from a few other tractors mixed in there but it's all sorted and everything for that tractor is now with it. 

I didn't think I could get the motor on it without a single scratch on the base plate paint but it happened.    It's put back where it was for now and I'll be sure to work on it more before almost 7 years like this time...  

I have other things on my list to do before end of the year so I have to move on for now.  

Welcome to the Stables!

Time to create page: 0.404 seconds